• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen hoenns lack of water pokemon (and some land)

Status
Not open for further replies.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    As dark pulse said There are a LOT of water pokemon in hoenn, So much infact that I too needed 2 boxes for their storage.

Hoenn is also verry famous for new multitypings of water making it such an awesome region.

But What I'm trying to say is that most of them are hoarded inland, the ocean needs some more water pokemon.

Mantike, mantine, octillary, remoraid, lapras,polywag/whirl, quilfish (that ones allmost forgotten), slowpoke (bibarel inland) buizel and floatzel inland, gastrodon and shellos forms might be kept strictly sinnoh for their regional puposes but who knows, I cant forget finneon and lumineon and then the ever rare manaphy.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Hoenn no water types? Really you pick Hoenn as the no water type region?
    Hoenn brought in 28 new Water types seconded only by Kanto's 30 something as Sinnoh and Johot didn't break 20,and lets remember that many Kanto and some Johto pokemon are catchable in Hoenn, and If you want to talk about crappy oceans look at Sinnoh or Johto.I may also point out that noe have the games have actually represented an ocean appropriately an ocean isn't enclosed in Rocks (some parts are rocky yes but not my point) and our oceans are teeming with life tons of animals not just a hundred or so species. An accurate ocean in the Pokemon world would get so much grief as it would be harder to surf on then the current "oceans" what with the constant Tentacruels oping up as it is. I think Nintendo has found a nice balance with the oceans in-game IMO

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    As dark pulse said There are a LOT of water pokemon in hoenn, So much infact that I too needed 2 boxes for their storage.

Hoenn is also verry famous for new multitypings of water making it such an awesome region.

But What I'm trying to say is that most of them are hoarded inland, the ocean needs some more water pokemon.

Mantike, mantine, octillary, remoraid, lapras,polywag/whirl, quilfish (that ones allmost forgotten), slowpoke (bibarel inland) buizel and floatzel inland, gastrodon and shellos forms might be kept strictly sinnoh for their regional puposes but who knows, I cant forget finneon and lumineon and then the ever rare manaphy.
    Not that big of a deal, but the last reply to this thread before you replied was on August 20th, 2010. That's a little over two months away. Thread revival is prohibited in this particular forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back