• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Foods: What does your family do?

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    My aunt and uncle trade turns hosting Thanksgiving, so we have it every other year. My mom puts the turkey in the oven, we go to church, and then come home and finish the cooking and dressing of the turkey. Then we haul everything to my aunt's house (if she's hosting), which is a five minute drive. We all get together, pray, and then have a buffet style Thanksgiving. Then we all sit down at two tables. One table for the "adults", another for the "kids". The kids table is mostly two of my cousins, my niece and nephew, and me. Though recently my sister, her boyfriend, and my other brother and his wife have been sitting there as well.

After dinner those interested in football watch the game. Those of us who don't like it go and play videogames together (something multiplayer like Mario Kart or Brawl). Or sometimes we'll stay downstairs with the football people and talk. i usually bring my DS for this occasion since I hate football.

Food-wise we have::
    turkey (duh)
    ham (since not everyone in my family like turkey)
    some kind of veggies, like corn and broccoli
    mashed potatoes
    salad
    bread
    etc

And for desert it's:
    french silk pie (REAL. Not the grocery store variety)
    ice cream
    cookies
    cake

for drinks:
    pepsi, mountain dew, dr. pepper, all sorts of soda beverages
    water
    milk

We're Dutch, so we're big into desserts and hearty meals.

Back