• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hollofoils

Years
    I've recently got into the card game and been buying some packs between Holon Phantoms and up, I've been getting like lets say a normal common Pikachu and in other packs and sometimes the same pack a Pikachu exactly alike the common one but hollofoil and with the name of the booster, like it would be Pikachu but holofoil and in the right bottom corner of the picture it says like "Holon Phantoms" or "EX Legend Maker" etc. does this mean that every card has a possibility to be a holofoil?

And also about last week I bought one of the newer boosters, Diamond and Pearl, and I got 2 Empoleons in the booster, both of them were holofoils but they where both different, like one was holofoil all over the card and the other one was only holo from the picture but the picture had like sparkling dots and that kind of stuff, does this mean that for every holographic card it has another one that is differently holo?

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    I think they are special Holofoil cards you get inside a pack. Any card (including commons) can be a Special Holofoil card. I am unfamiliar with the special holos for the DP series though, however, I am sure somone can shed some light on them.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Mmhm... I think that in every pack you get one rare (may be holofoil) and any other card which is not holofoil as a holofoil card. Only the newer packs have the booster pack emblem on the lower right hand corner, since my older holos don't.

So far this has been true for every pack I've bought. Some examples are Root Fossil from EX Sandstorm and EX Power Keepers, Lairon from EX Power Keepers, Espeon from EX Sandstorm, Beldum from EX Sandstorm, Barboach from Holon Phantoms (I also got a non-holo one in the same pack) and Ampharos from Aquapolis.

From what I can tell, you can get any card from Rare to Common, as long as it isn't already holo.
    You aren't getting any already holographic Aggron as a special holofoil card, though. That wouldn't make sense.

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
    From what I can tell, you can get any card from Rare to Common, as long as it isn't already holo.
    You aren't getting any already holographic Aggron as a special holofoil card, though. That wouldn't make sense.

You can.

There are 2 versions of holo foils for those cards, the normal version (holographic picture) and the reverse version (holographic card except the picture). The reverse version is the special holo of an already holographic card.

Hope that helps.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

You can.

There are 2 versions of holo foils for those cards, the normal version (holographic picture) and the reverse version (holographic card except the picture). The reverse version is the special holo of an already holographic card.

Hope that helps.
    ^ Correct.

Ah, right, right, right! I forgot about those. I don't really pay attention to the shininess of my cards - just the text. Heh.

Back