• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honestly has this happened to you?

Years
  • Yesterday I got an emulator to play Pokemon Ruby because I can't find my cartridge. I decided to start an all-nighter and see how far I could get into the game before I either fell asleep or it was day time. I started at about 10:30 and continued to play until 7:30 in the morning. About a good 4/5 through the campaign. My keyboard is known to have "spasm attacks." (I press a character and it won't stop pressing it until I dis-connect and re-connect my usb for it) Before I know it, I am running around aimlessly and all of a sudden my keyboard has a "spasm attack" and the emulator closes out. I sat there for about 5 minutes dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do. The emulator didn't save my game and I lost a good few hours of my life! It wasn't a bad 9 hours, but seriously I'm really ticked that happened.

Has this ever happened to you?
    Playing through and forgot to do a quick save and it turns out your device shuts off and you have to start off from were you last saved.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't normally forget to save, however my Blue and Gold versions are kind of finicky. If you touch or hit it while playing, it freezes. So I end up having to save quite often in case it happens. I grinded a lot of levels in Gold once and it accidentally bumped into something...needless to say, I was pissed. lol

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Occasionally I have had freezes after a lengthy time of play, needless to say it is one of the most annoying things that can happen to any gamer. I think I remember one time, on SoulSilver, I was grinding before the E4 on Victory Road, and I had gained about 7 levels spread across my Pokemon and it froze. I didn't play SS for the next 5 days.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I've had occasional freezing here and there, usually after 10 minutes of gameplay but no further than that. If that happens, I never fail to save very frequently. I always make sure I have a decent emulator before playing.

Back