• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey Trees: Hard method to do? I think not.

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    Some people say getting the pokemon they want through honey trees is too hard, but it's not. There are 17 honey trees there are throughout the Sinnoh region.

Locations: Valley Windworks, Eterna forest exterior, Route 205, Route 211, Floroma meadows, Hearthrome City Side of Route 212, Pastoria city side of route 212, Route 206. Route 209, Route 208, Three on route 210, Route 213, Route 214, Route 218, and Route 222. I may have missed some but you get the point.

If you put honey on each one, that's 17 times the pokemon you get in 12 hours, and 12 hours more to check them all. The chances of getting a Munchlax, Heracross, Aipom, or female Combee increase seventeen fold. Plus, you can buy 10 honey for 1000P; very cheap.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I think the problem is that you have to wait half a day for the Honey to take effect, and I'm pretty sure you can't change the DS clock to help. Most people just don't like waiting half a day for a CHANCE that they might get a good Pokemon.

I personally don't like to wait, either.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I think the problem is that you have to wait half a day for the Honey to take effect, and I'm pretty sure you can't change the DS clock to help. Most people just don't like waiting half a day for a CHANCE that they might get a good Pokemon.

Yeah, this is why I'm not the biggest fan of honey trees. I also don't like that my schedule doesn't always work around when I need to check the trees...if I put honey on a tree around 10 PM, I can't get up at 4 AM to check it, I definitely can't check it before class, and by the time I'm home and able to play again, there's nothing there. It ended up just being an expensive way to find nothing but Burmies and disappointment.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years

basically this. even if you go and put honey on each tree you still have to wait at least 6 hours before anything shows up. i cant always go check my ds to see if there is something there.
    i think it should be an hour at most before something appears.

Years
    I don't really like it because it seems kind of time consuming. I don't got a lot of time in general to play the game hard core like I used to.. (many distractions like work and real life stuff) .. but in the long run, it doesn't matter because I've seen all the ones I need to see except for the cherubi evolution, and most of the tree guys don't strike me as being really nesicary.. (well, okay, maybe Heracross, but he's gonna have to compete with Machamp for my fighting slot, and I've grown to really like the guy) .. I was lucky enough to have a female starter too, so breeding and "going to market" to get one via trades is definetly doable. Techincally the other player is getting a good deal out of it too.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Schedule wears off me...
    I only have open weekends, when I slather at 10 PM and get it next morning.
    I never found a Munchlax and never will, but what's the Pokewalker for :-)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I don't like the honey tree method. I mean, you have to wait 6 hours for a pokemon to appear in one, and, there was a small chance of getting a good pokemon! It took me well over 20 tries to get a Munchlax.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I think it should work kinda like sweet scent, where you use it and then something might appear, but it doesn't take 6 hours, it would happen instantly. But you would have to use it on a honey tree, or no honey tree pokemon would appear at all.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah I'm lazy with checking. I always forget that I put honey on a tree then later on I'm pissed because it's been wayy past 12 hours and I have to put more honey on the tree. I never got any good pokemon that way, but maybe that is due to me mainly putting honey only on the tree near that guy who sells honey. For some reason I was told a long time ago that that tree was the best location to catch a Munclax at ._

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years

Yeah this is basically my reason for never using those Honey trees.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Well, let's assume you don't know which trees Munchlax is in. If you do all 21 trees every time then you will have to do it roughly 25 times to find a Munchlax, if you know what you're doing.

With all that work, you're probably going to find the Munchlax in a month. Then if you want more leftovers, you will know where the Munchlax tree is, but if the next pokemon you get from the tree isn't a Munclax (90% chance of a Munchlax), it's back to the drawing board.

If you continue on like you did, you will still have to do it 25 times. If you instead only use the Munchlax tree you found (much easier), you will have to do it 100 times (that's probably gonna take three months) to find Munchlax again, if you still know what you're doing.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    wow, you've obviously done your research. the one good thing I see is that if you find a combee and it's male, you can just restart if you saved near the honey tree and eventually it will be female, it will always be a combee though.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    You could cut off a lot of that time by finding your SID and figuring out which four trees will give you a Munchlax. There are a number of calculators out there that will do it for you.

It's still a 1% chance though, but it's cheaper than having to go around to every single tree.

Back