• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey Trees

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    While initially planned for generation II, Honey Trees first, and so far only, appeared in D/P/PT. These are golden trees seen around the Sinnoh Region that you can optionally slather honey on. Once slathered, you need to wait six (real-time) hours for a Pokemon, or none to appear. This cannot be manipulated by changing your in game DS clock. These trees were the only way to get a wild Cherubi, Combee, Burmy, Aipom and Heracross. There were also four trees that are connected to your trainer ID and Secret ID that could have a Munchlax on them, but this takes a lot of patience.

What did you think of this Mechanic? Were you ever able to get a Munchlax from these treess?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    annoying as hell lmfao especially if you didn't play the games daily or didn't think to use the marking app on the poketch. i think that's not a default app too so even more ripperoni. you get a lot of cool pokemon through it though so it's like. why would you NOT do it but also. ughhhhhh

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
    It was one of the worst features in all of the games in my opinion. Like someone else said, it sucked if you forgot to check the trees that you placed Honey on since it would end up going to waste after a specific amount of time passed. Also I don't remember right, but I think soft resetting to get different Pokemon on each tree didn't work? Anyway, finding Munchlax on those trees was also practically impossible since they were so effing rare, even harder to find than Feebas via fishing. The whole thing was stupid.

Back