• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Horror Anime

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Do you like to watch Horror Anime, and how do they compare to non-animated horror shows?

Also, which anime is the scariest you've watched? (Narutaru anyone? lol)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Like every genre it has it's gems but being a cartoon it is pretty hard to actually convey that sense of horror other live action mediums can.

I guess my favourite horror series would be Monster, Ghost Hunt, the When they Cry series, Mnemosyne or the Satoshi Kon films. The only one to make me jump was Ghost Hunt mind.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Like every genre it has it's gems but being a cartoon it is pretty hard to actually convey that sense of horror other live action mediums can.

I guess my favourite horror series would be Monster, Ghost Hunt, the When they Cry series, Mnemosyne or the Satoshi Kon films. The only one to make me jump was Ghost Hunt mind.

Yeah I agree anime really struggle giving a scary vibe, although they tend to make things just... disturbing.

I think Shiki was quite scary, other than that I can't really think of any...

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    "Another" and possibly "Hellsing" Prob only Hellsing as a kid lol, but Another shows you how quickly your life can end and is eye opening.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    yeah my vote would probably go to hellsing....

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Stuff

I know Another scared me, especially when they showed the photograph of Misaki Yomiyama.
    I'm pretty sure one of the episode that featured mansion in Ghost Hunt scared me too.
    There's other anime, I think some episodes of Higurashi got me a chill, but that's about it.
    I never heard of this "Narutaru" before, but now I'm interested and will check it out! :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've never actually watched narutaru, but it's opening is very childish, and makes it look like a comedy, and then the anime is apparently one of the most psychologically disturbing anime ever made. Not sure about actual fear though. lol

Back