• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hospitals??

darkcowboy

Gibbs is EVERYWHERE!
Years
  • Did anybody ever notice that there are no hospitals in any of the games? I realize in the anime the Pkmn Center doubled as both, but in the game its like "Thousands of dangerous Pokemon roaming the wild with our children out there. Who needs a hospital?? =D"

Also no police stations now that I think of it. It's like they're counting on some 10 year old hero to wander out of the wilderness and take the bad guys to town. Lol.

Years
  • The anime has had at least one hospital.

Anyway, I assume that Pokemon Center Nurses have basic first aid skills. Still, the games like to ignore the fact that pokemon are basically implied to be killers, and that people would be injured more often than pokemon.

Really, there's a lot of things that don't exist in the games. There aren't many places to buy food, none of the houses have bathrooms (or more than one or two rooms at all, for that matter), restaurants, etc.

Years
  • Ooooh, you mean like human hospital...
    The government doesnt care. All they care about arethose cute savage creatures. Humans are only their toys.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Not all world leaders are as benevolent as Wigglytuff. And the Leagues don't care.

In game canon, I suppose healing machines would provide extra energy to fill in the cuts and such, and restore the pokemon to what it's genes or whatnot said it should be. One could potentially adapt that to humans...

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • I wanna know how pokemons bodies can deal with such massive damage, and why I never see a pidgey carry off a weedle or caterpie. Seriously though a move like body slam from a snorlax on a pikachu would kill it right?

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Hospitals do exist in poké-canon, and I recall them being mentioned a few times in the show, but I guess the reason you can't find them in-game are the same reasons you can't find any of the other mentioned areas. They wouldn't serve much purpose other then perhaps a plot-device.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • You've brought up some good points, but what's the point of a human hospital in a Pokemon game when it's the Pokemon who gets more injured. The Trainer just stands there and tell them how to kill each other. They don't need medical attention for that.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Police stations are also absent even though police exist, among other things. I think it fits the more, 'it isn't needed for in-game playability, so their existence is ignored'. They don't need to show them. Just think, maybe some of those 'doorless' buildings are really hospitals.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • ^ because it's unnecessary to show it.

Pokemon Centers may be clinics for both humans and pokemon. General hospitals are unnecessary to show to the game because the hero doesn't get badly injured. lolz

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Well the police does exist. In the games you can see a few officers on the road. For example 4th gen, you can battle police officers at night, actually that is where the police is mst prevalent

As for hospitals, maybe it DOES double as a hospital BUT since the player never gets sick (maybe he got vaccined a few days before he set off on his/her journey or something) there has never been a need for a hospital. Also as I can recall in the anime, Ash was given pokemon medicine for his stomach. He was then healed. So maybe when the player gets sick, he may not have the need for a hospital AT ALL! He might just need a full heal or if he gets stricken with any status effects like poison, he might just need an antidote....

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • In the anime there was a hospital and police stations.

But seriously, do you expect them to put in every building that a city could possible have. I mean they barely were able to fit two regions into the second generation games. Besides, I really wouldn't want to see those places in the games because there wouldn't be any point.

Years
  • I don't think nintendo really care for the humans, just the pokemon, that is why the came is called "pokemon" and they probably didn't want to take more time to put in a human hopsial or police stations

Ayselipera

Actually I just watched the Squirtle squad episode and Officer Jenny was at the police station. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    In one episode, cant remember which one but there is SWAT, must be something else on japan but americanized as SWAT lol

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    The trainers will just run away to the closest pokemon center if they run out of pkmn managing to survive xD

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Well there are trainer schools if thats what you mean.

Also going through pokemon Crystal, I am in Kanto, and I was just in cerulean city. And there there is a police station. Dont believe me? Just look.

Back