• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Houndour Evolves?..

Fluddles

Frustrated Trainer
Years
  • I'm playing through Leaf Green with a Houndour on my team. I used a gameshark code to get him in Pokemon Tower, and he's level 34 now.

Eh, the last ten times grew a level, he's tried to evolve without success. The process stops randomly and I get a "...?" message.

:P I'm sure it's got something to do with the fact that I probably shouldn't have a Houndour yet. I'm just at the Fuschia gym now methinks.. Whichever one you battle Ninja Master Koga in..

Can anyone confirm why my little Houndour can't evolve for me? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    You'll have to obtain the National Dex, otherwise Pokemon from Johto/Hoenn, or Johto/Hoenn pre-evolutions/evolutions of Kanto Pokemon won't be availiable for you.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • The same thing also happens with very happy Golbat; they should be Crobat, but they can't evolve into Crobat until you get the National Dex.

ShinyGold2

Owner of Psychic,Dark&Ghost FC
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    mayb it was the fact yu gamesharked it?

Years
  • It is, it's the fact that you don't have the National Dex.

I remember the book that I got from pre-ordering my LeafGreen version talked about it, and even used the Golbat -> Crobat thing as an example.

Fire Red and Leaf Green are remakes of Red, Green, and Blue, therefore, you can only catch Pokemon that were in those games up until you get the National Dex.

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Like it was said above; You'll have to obtain the National Dex, otherwise Pokemon from Johto/Hoenn, or Johto/Hoenn pre-evolutions/evolutions of Kanto Pokemon won't be availiable for you.

Otherwise; you won't have the known data to make the Pokemon evolve, if you see what I mean.

Back