• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hourglasshero's New Fakemon

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
  • Heya guys!
    I am Hourglasshero showcasing my new designs here! :3
    You can find my dA account here http://hourglasshero.deviantart.com/

So without any further ado:

Trainers!
    First we have Otto! ^^
    Spoiler:

Then the female hero, April! ^^
    Spoiler:

Starters!
    Lithorn, The Tiny Rex Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Hamoo, The Temperature Pokemon
    Spoiler:

and last but not least, Bontie
    The Ribbon Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Some changes may occur to my starters, mostly on Lithorn!
    I will update when they are done!

I really hope my thread will be better this time!
    Plz comment and tell me what you think!

Those designs are concepts of a game i want to make!
    Anyone who is willing to help, plz notify me!

Hourglasshero!

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Wow. These are simply AMAZING.
    Keep up the good work. :]

Thank you so much, i really appreciate it!
    Stay tunned cause there will be more! :D

Keep up the good work, Hari~
    I told you all of these look amazing over MSN~ o3o

Thanks Viv, thank you for taking time and commenting at my thread!
    It means a lot to me! :)

Nicely done. Maybe you need to make more! Love your Sugimori Style works.

I will definately make more! Thanks so much!
    My plan is to make a whole region with 140-150 fakemon designs and all the key characters(gym leaders, Villains etc.)

Years
  • Otto - Well, I like the clothes design for Otto. c: Also the fact that he as green eyes, which I love. The green shade is pretty! Not too bright or strong. Not too much to crit here, except one eye is lower than the other, which is a little odd looking. xD

April - Aww, very cute! Looks like she's read for a Spring or Summer season. =] The shoulder with the bag strap over it looks a little lower than the other shoulder. I think that's it.

Over all, you have the shading and texture done pretty close to the official Pokemon artwork! Very impressive! I'll come back to see more work from you, I promise. c:

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Otto - Well, I like the clothes design for Otto. c: Also the fact that he as green eyes, which I love. The green shade is pretty! Not too bright or strong. Not too much to crit here, except one eye is lower than the other, which is a little odd looking. xD

April - Aww, very cute! Looks like she's read for a Spring or Summer season. =] The shoulder with the bag strap over it looks a little lower than the other shoulder. I think that's it.

Over all, you have the shading and texture done pretty close to the official Pokemon artwork! Very impressive! I'll come back to see more work from you, I promise. c:

Wow comment from the Art Thread Moderator! :)
    Thanks so much for taking time and commenting!

About Otto, i picked green for his eyecolour cause he is slightly based on me!
    As far as the eye placement i thought that his head was slightly tilted that is why i placed one of the eyes a bit lower. If it looks weird then i will gladly change it! :)

Yes i am trying to replicate Sugimori's style as close as possible! I am happy that it pays off! :D

Stay tuned cause i will try to update the thread frequently! :)

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Update! :)

New Line!
    Based on Seahorses!

Petishell, The Tiny Pokemon
    Type: Water
    Ability: Slippery*/ Tinted Lens
    Spoiler:

which depending on the gender evolves into:

Primorse, The Vain Pokemon
    Type: Water
    Ability: Slippery*/Marvel Scale
    Spoiler:

OR

Puffoon, The Inflated Pokemon
    Type: Water/ Flying
    Ability: Slippery*/Damp
    Spoiler:

*Slippery: When hit with a physical move the attacker loses one point of accuracy!

Hope u like those! :)

Should i add those to the first post of the thread or leave it here as a comment?

Last edited:

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
  • Wow I'm loving these new ones you made. On the first post I thought they were pretty good, you got the coloration of our work look almost like official artwork, but it seemed flat. These new ones are much better, better postures and shading. Awesome, keep it up. ^^

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • could you post at tutorial on how you colour your fakemon? I've been trying to do some of my own and i like my designs i just don't get how to get the shading like you do where it goes darker and then a little darker again, if you know what i mean?

Anyways about your art, i love them! i love how it follows Sugimoris art style! Do you post your works on DA? im sure I've seen Puffoon floating around somewhere :P
    i love your work though! Keep it up!

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Wow I'm loving these new ones you made. On the first post I thought they were pretty good, you got the coloration of our work look almost like official artwork, but it seemed flat. These new ones are much better, better postures and shading. Awesome, keep it up. ^^

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback! Stay tuned cause there will be more coming! :D
    PS
    I don't think my trainers were flat... Were you refering to the starters?

Simply awesome! Especially the hero, heroine, and Lithom.

Haha thanks! I hope that u will be able to choose either of them in my game! ^^

These are really good designs! Good work

Thanks so much! :D

could you post at tutorial on how you colour your fakemon? I've been trying to do some of my own and i like my designs i just don't get how to get the shading like you do where it goes darker and then a little darker again, if you know what i mean?

Anyways about your art, i love them! i love how it follows Sugimoris art style! Do you post your works on DA? im sure I've seen Puffoon floating around somewhere :P
    i love your work though! Keep it up!

I do several livestreams lately as MiTja states. Be sure to check them out!
    If they are not of any help ask again! :)
    and yes i have a dA account the link is in my signature! XD

He's doin lots of livestreaming lately, so check out his past vids, maybe that will help
    http://www.livestream.com/haritosmoviecorner?t=787435

But I agree, describing the process in a tutorial would be nice :3

Haha thanks for helping! ^^
    I might do that in the future~

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for posting twice in a row but i have an update!
    A new line! ^^

So without any further ado:

Helidee, The Seed Pokemon
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Lightweight*/ Chlorophyl
    Spoiler:

Fluminee, The lantern Pokemon
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Lightweight*/Trickster
    Spoiler:

Which evolves with the use of a Fire Stone into

Luminella, The Deceiver Pokemon
    Type: Grass/ Fire
    Ability: Lightweight*/Trickster
    Spoiler:

*Lightweight: When a Flying type move is used this Pokemon's Ability changes into Levitate for two turns!

Obviously the basic stage is based on a helicopter seed, which as a matter of fact originates from a magnolia tree. I used the blossom of a magnolia to make the evos, which are based on a lantern and a hot air balloon respectively! ^^

Hope u like them! :)

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Ah, I see you've updated this!
    Primorse has to be my favorite out of all of them so far! She looks so ... arrogant. Just makes me want to slap her then catch her.

Well, these are excellent, nonetheless!

Hourglasshero

Years
  • Ah, I see you've updated this!
    Primorse has to be my favorite out of all of them so far! She looks so ... arrogant. Just makes me want to slap her then catch her.

Well, these are excellent, nonetheless!

Thanks Elaynii! :D
    I am glad that u like those!

I like the images you have here. You have the asthetics down of pokemon from the human characters to the actual pokemon.

Yuppie! :D
    I am happy that u think so!
    --------------------------------------

Slight Update!

Here is the rival of my game
    Augusto:

Spoiler:

and the second gym leader of my game
    Blake:

Spoiler:

Hope u like those two!
    i am really satisfied with them!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Always loved your designs Haritos, particularly the ones for your fake Pokémon. I've always found them to be the most intricate of them all. When it comes to your Pokémon designs, I've always said you were one of the best, and still getting better. Your starters are really cute and interesting. Brighten up your palettes a bit on some of your pokemon to make them pop out that bit more. And from what I've seen in older galleries, I'd love to see some more scenes from you, you definitely had a talent there.

Good luck buddy, your work is always great.

Back