• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How are you going to play the 5th Gen Games?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Watcha Gonna Do? EV, or Fun?

Well i know theres a ton of people out here who will go insane for a EVd pokemon

so Im wonderin, are you guys gonna EV while playin threw?

or you just gonna relax, chill & enjoy the new region& new pokemon?

I am definitely, gonna just sit back& hopefully love the new region, and all there is to do in it ^_^
    I know EV training is important for compeetitive play blah blah blah, ill wait til after play threw the storyline a couple dozen times :P

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i never ev. i dont understand it and what i do understand it sounds boring. so i will just train my pokemon and have fun playing the game

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Never ev. Sounds boring to me, not really my thing. I'm not into wi-fi battling. So i'll be going through the game having fun, exploring, checking out the new pokemon etc

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • im going to play through and beat the crap out of it, then im going to EV the crap out of my pokemon :p its what i normally do ahaha

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Going to find a way to make Cherrim own everyone through th whole game. Then, restart and fun play the game. Then restart again, do a challenge through it and keep that file :) It's usually what I do.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Going to find a way to make Cherrim own everyone through th whole game. Then, restart and fun play the game. Then restart again, do a challenge through it and keep that file :) It's usually what I do.

cherrims are awesome XD

im going to play through and beat the crap out of it, then im going to EV the crap out of my pokemon :p its what i normally do ahaha

im learnin how to EV so eh its watever

Never ev. Sounds boring to me, not really my thing. I'm not into wi-fi battling. So i'll be going through the game having fun, exploring, checking out the new pokemon etc

lol so am i ^_^ but i do like to show those same old tired out combos that everyone uses my way of battlin :P

i never ev. i dont understand it and what i do understand it sounds boring. so i will just train my pokemon and have fun playing the game

i agree mate

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • What do you mean 'or'? :P

But, yeah, on my first playthrough I don't usually EV train. That's post-league stuff.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Who bothers EVing during the game, ah? I sure wouldn't. =| It's way too boring and tedious to bother. I'll just rush through the region taking in the sights and sounds (particularly the sounds!) and play through it the fun way.

Although, with your title, it makes it sound as if EV training is the opposite of fun. "Have fun...or EV TRAIN!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I don't even know how to do it, but if I did, I still will never do it. So, that's my answer, I will NEVER EV.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I don't think I've ever done EV's throughout playing the storyline of a game, but I could be wrong. I tend not to worry about having to train my team in such a way as it's sort of pointless given the fact that you don't need to. So I'll be sticking with old fashioned training anywhere to ensure my team is strong enough to beat the next gym routine. Besides, it'd be hard to EV train if you hadn't visited enough places yet.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I'm going to play for fun. Probally do what I normally do, go through the game aand after beating Elite Four I run around and fill up my pokedex and level up my team.
    I've never understood EV. My brother has tried to teach me a couple times I never got it. So I special breed pokemon instead.

Back