• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can I beat the Elite 4 with my team here?

YAS1

What's this...?
Years
  • They are about 10-20 levels lower than the elite 4. I almost beat his Level 50 Dragonite, but he used Full Restore on him. I have a Level 41 Ampharos, Level 39 Espeon, Level 37 Feraligatr, Level 38 Graveler, Level 38 Pidgeot, and a Level 37 Arcanine. How am I supposed to beat Lance and Karen. I got lucky beating Karen, but no luck in beating Lance. I almost beat his second to last pokemon.

Years
  • i think you should do some training! it'll take a while, but it pays off. i shoud know, i spend hours training and its B-O-R-I-N-G but its worth it! or you could just buy a ton of revives and other various healing things! but i'd go for the training

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I forget if Feraligatr can learn Ice Beam. Buy the TM and use it, that will give you a fighting chance against Lance.

Use Ampharos against both of Will's Xatu and his Slowbro, on Koga's Crobat, Karen's Murkrow and on Lance's Gyrados. On Lv 41 it should be able to handle that, plus its EXP for winning.

Use Pidgeot on Will's Exeggcutor, Koga's Ariados and Venomoth, all of Bruno's pokemon except Onix (use Fly to avoid Hitmonchan's Thunderpunch), and on Karen's Vileplume. Use as a decoy during Lance's fight to heal other Pokemon and to run down Lance's PP - FLy will avoid all attacks except Thunder.

Use Feraligatr (if he doesn't have Ice Beam) on Bruno's Onix, Karen's Houndoom, and Lance's Aerodactyl and Charizard. Try to conserve Feraligatr cos although he's not on the highest level, he's the strongest Pokemon you have.

Use Espeon as a decoy during the battle with Will, as it's more resistant to psychic attacks. Remember to heal him to fight Koga, since he's most effective against Muk. If Pidgeot gets to really low HP during fight with Bruno, use Espeon to fight or to give you time to heal Pidgeot.

Try to not use Graveller until you get to Lance - he's more robust against Hyper Beam and immune to Thunder, so use Rock Throw or Rock Slide against the three Dragonites, and against Charizard.

Use Arcanine against Will's Jynx, Koga's Forrestress, Karen's Umbreon and Gengar. If Pidegeot is getting weak, use Arcanine on Vileplume and Exeggutor.

In theory, and as long as u have loads of potions and revives, you can win. But like freakgirl said, just train harder. The ICde Cave and Victory road are great for training quickly.

Team Shadow Leader

touch me and die
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2005
    train. a lot. Raise their levels up 10-20. My pokemon were lvl 60 and higher before challenging the E4, I destroyed them.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    It is possible to beat them with what you have, but it would be easier is you had a Dark-type and an Ice-type (think Lapras instead of Feraligatr and Houndour/Houndoom instead of Arcanine.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    i can't imagine that being too difficult, since the strongest elite 4 pokemon is only at Lv 50...
    My best was beating the entire elite 4 with my lv69 Fearow.

~Dragonair~

Title? o.o
    Years
  • When my Pokemon are weak I usually train against the Elite Four if I lose. You get a lot of expierence from their Pokemon. Try to have a Pokemon higher then level 50 or you can trade with a friend and your friend's Pokemon boosts Expierence points much faster then a Pokemon that hasn't been traded. ^_^

Years
  • You do not wanna go in to the elite four with Pokemon with levels that low.
    Everybody needs to be around level 55 and up.You will gain levels for sure while battling them so 55 is good enough to go in with.

Also make sure you have enough hyper postions and Full Heals.Because you are not going to go through without being scratched.Good Luck!

Kveran

I'm super-effective!
    Years
  • If you're going to try to beat the elite with that team, you need to do some heavy-duty training and TM work. First of all, don't go to war without weaponry. The best type of attack to use against Lance is Ice. If you can get a STABbed Ice Beam off, that's even better, and will likely take down his Gyarados as well. (If not, that's what Ampharos is for, no?) The team you have now can't STAB it, so the best you have is teaching an Ice TM to Feraligatr. If you don't have Ice Beam, why not try the Icy Wind that you got from Pryce?

Will, for you, isn't much of an annoyance since your Ampharos can take out pretty much everything except Exeggutor, out of whom Arcanine makes omelettes.

Koga can be a pain in the neck, but your Espeon will be great here. Forretress will probably be the easiest for you, since you have a representative from each of its weaknesses: Fire, Electric, and Water. Your Pidgeot will be useful for anything that's part bug.

Espeon is probably your best bet against most of Bruno's, since Psychic-types eat Fighting-types for breakfast. However, for that pesky Onix, bring on your Feraligatr and rain on Bruno's parade. Can you Surf? Onix can't.

For Karen... well, she says she's got all Dark types, but she lies. Does your Graveller have Fighting-type attacks? If so, use them on her dark-types and you'll get some super-effective hits in. For Vileplume, you could either use your Pidgeot or your Arcanine. I'd use Arcanine for Gengar, but really, when you get to that point, just use whatever you have that still has HP left if you have to.

Heal up, use your Revives, save the game, and lead off against Lance with Ampharos. Then Ice Lance's Dragonites. You can use either an Ice or a Water attack against Aerodactyl, but make sure that you have a nice water attack to cool down his Charizard.

I do have to ask, though: as far as I'm aware, you couldn't have gotten an Arcanine this early in the game unless you traded. Why not swap your team and raise them up that way? I second everything everyone else has said about training; my favorite training areas are Mountain Road outside of Blackthorn and Victory Road. Your Feraligatr should benefit from all of the rock-types there, and Ampharos would enjoy thundershocking all of those Golbat. When it comes down to it, you have a well-designed team for the Elite Four; it's just a matter of teaching them the right attacks and getting them strong enough to be in a position to use them. Good luck!

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • You "popped" it into the wrong area.

He never asked for moveset help so I don't know what to say, ANYWAY.

Train more, and I'll suggest some sets for the pokemon you are using.

Make sure Ampharos has Thunderbolt, perhaps Thunder Wave, and the other 2 are up in the air.

Make sure Espeon has Psychic, and I'm guessing it won't have Baton Pass, but if it does, consider Calm Mind/Psychic/Baton Pass/Morning Sun.
    Point is to Baton Pass the Calm Minds onto something.

Arcanine should have Fire Blast or Flamethrower, Extremespeed, and the other 2 are anything really.. perhaps Howl to power up Extremespeed.

I think you should grab a Rhydon instead of Graveller, and go with Earthquake/Megahorn/Rock Blast and maybe Sub, or Double-Edge.

Pidgeot I have no idea about - Consider grabbing a Swellow, as it's better, in every way useable.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I really don't train for E4 I mean if you switch at th eright time and have a decent strategy you can beat most people

BTW I had 6 revives and 6 max potions

I only used 4 of the revives but, I use all of the potions

my pokemon were in their 40-55 area

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Well, in-game, I never switch my pokemon out for some reason, as it takes too long.

Online battling is different as it's instant - No waiting for the pokemon to switch out, no animations, just battling.

Anyway, you're going to need a few Max Revives and a few Max Potions, and perhaps some PP restoring items.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Well they give you option

Lance is sending out Gyrados do you want to switch

Then I say yes and switch Jolt

Back