• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How can I get different music to play for the Elite 4 in Fire Red?

Years
    I've been using a couple tutorials on here, using the special 0x3B and playsong 0x1AA (Johto Champion theme from LukeeGD's B&W music patch) commands in XSE, and no matter where I place these in Lance's script, it either freezes the game or repeats the battle - with the 2nd battle having the regular music.

Is there a better way to change Lance and the rest of the E4's battle themes without ASM, or with better scripting without re-doing their whole script? I can't find much more information about this.

Snowka85

literally a ferret
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    I was linked here when I asked this question like a year ago:

www pokecommunity com/showthread php?t=306281

(replace the spaces with periods, I can't post links yet)

Years

I was linked here when I asked this question like a year ago:

www pokecommunity com/showthread php?t=306281

(replace the spaces with periods, I can't post links yet)

I appreciate the help with the links you both provided, but the E4 specifically is still giving me some problems. . . I'll just put them on hold for now. On the bright side, other trainers outside of the E4 are working fine with different music!

Snowka85

literally a ferret
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    I appreciate the help with the links you both provided, but the E4 specifically is still giving me some problems. . . I'll just put them on hold for now. On the bright side, other trainers outside of the E4 are working fine with different music!

Thanks for that feedback! I haven't had time to actually test what I linked yet as I haven't gotten around to modifying trainers as a final thing yet.

Back