• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How can I get Rom Hack cartridges?

Tepig003

Ruler of the Keronians
    Years
    I want to get Rom Hack cartridges instead of of downloading an emulator because I am worried about viruses and I also want to start collecting Rom Hack cartridges. Do you know ho I can get some?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    Do not expect any help; pirates put those ROM hacks in the cartridges and sell them, all without the permission of the original hackers and the defiance of the law.

You could be also talking about original pirate cartridges (that is: Pokémon Jade), but I am not sure at how much am I allowed to say, since these 'pure' pirate cartridges frequently cross with the 'recycled' ROM hacks.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Buy them.
    Off eBay, if you're lucky to find any.
    (... I think I bought them all... >_>)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    We own Frigo Returns and bought it from Ebay. If you want to play Pokemon hacks on a GBA then I'd suggest getting a slot 2 flashcard thats capable of playing extended roms, like the Supercard. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to find an emulator without getting a virus. Try going to the original website, or sourceforge, and remembering to look for any checkboxes during install that will give you junky toolbars.

EDIT: also, carts of Pokemon hacks are usually really... bad. They fall apart quickly, sometimes don't compile correctly, and are often completely unfinished, and sometimes really bad hacks. Realize that most of these were made in about 2005-2007, when the Advance games were still new and ignorant parents would buy the "cheaper" alternative after not realizing that it was a fake.

Back