• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How can i see an offset in XSE ?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    If this text "What will \v[&H12] do?" have the offset 3FE6D5, how can i see the text in the XSE programm ?

This text is from an Pokemon fight, to beginn the box asked "what will pikashu do ?" and now i want to change this text, i have used advance text to finde the offset of this text but i cant change it there becouese i must repoint, to repoint i must use xse, but if i search there the offset there are only #org 0x3FE6D5 and nothing else like a text , how can i see the text in XSE ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    If you go to the Hex Viewer (Ctrl+H) and toggle ASCII/Poke on you can see the text on the right hand side. Not sure if it works with buffered values, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    On the Hex Viewer of XSE can i only see the text but i cant change the text there how is it possible ?

To insert raw text with XSE just do:

#org @offset
    = text

decompiling at @offset won't show the text because it decompiles the commands, so you have to use the Hex Viewer as far as I know.

Back