• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did this get here- oh right.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Hello all here at the PokéCommunity. As you can all plainly see (wow, the wonders of forums today), my name is Ashen and I am new.

I joined PC mainly in preparation (in a manner of speaking) for my Let's Play of Pokémon Brown. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of "Let's Play," it's more or less someone playing a game with commentary over-top the game audio (or background music). To be honest, it's pretty fun most of the time -- if you're still curious, you can look at my Let's Play of Mega Man 2 or look up "Let's Play [game name]" on YouTube. There are some pretty good ones out there, though not very many for Pokémon.

As for Pokémon itself, I'm a vet, having played since the release of Gen I in the US (what was that, 1997? Earlier? It's been a long time) and have bought every game in the main series since then. I wouldn't exactly call myself a competitive player – I tried fitting in at Smogon and it was, shall we say... a little mind-boggling. But I understand most of the higher-end concepts – at least, I'd like to think I do. I enjoyed the anime for the first two seasons (and as such the first two movies) but don't exactly like where they've taken it and just the general milieu of it. As for the manga... didn't read that much of it. I think it's better than the anime, at least: so much more drama.

Anyways, with that, I go to post more. I need to figure out what forum would be best for making an actual thread for the Let's Play, since I really would love to get you guys involved in that.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, Ashen!

"Let's Play" sounds like a fun idea! I haven't heard of anything like that, nor would I have a solid idea on where it would go. You could always PM someone on higher staff (super mod or any admin) and they would be happy to help you out. ^___^

It sounds like you should have a wonderful time here at The PokeCommunity! Let me be the first to say we're quite different from Smogon....But we do have our Strategies and Movesets forum which is perfect for reading up on competitive battling.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some fun topics to post on given your wide range of interests. Once you get posting, you're bound to meet a few cool people (We're not lacking in that department =P)

Well, if you have any questions or just want to chat, my profile is always open for a VM. I look forward to seeing you around the boards...Have fun!

Rey Lewis 55

Baltimore Ravens Fan
    Years
  • hello there Ashen, my name is Rey Lewis and welcome to the community. I see that you're currently making a game called pokemon brown and i am proud of that, have fun on the project.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    i too, have played for a long time, but have never lived near anyone who
    played the game, so online is good for me

Back