• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you catch Raikou and Entei?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I was just wondering what strategies, if any, people used to catch Raikou and Entei. They proved quite difficult for me and I only caught them after Red.
    I used a smeargle with spore and false swipe and a wobbufet to trap them. It was an alright tactic but ittook a while, any body got any better ones?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    lucky, I used fast balls on a sleeping raikou with 1HP and it took several encounters before I caught it.

Years
  • Master Balls. And I'm ashamed to admit it. I traded one in from Diamond around the 5th gym to catch Raikou because I wanted an electric type, and after beating the Elite 4, used my in-game Master Ball to catch Entei just because it was bugging me that I hadn't had him yet.

Ironically, I was able to catch Latios with an Ultra Ball after just getting his HP down and putting him to sleep, so go figure. :P

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    ok well i didn't catch them BUT - a little thing about raikou- get it in the yellow AND USE A FAST BALL
    a fast ball in full health almost caught it for me... damn no more fast balls though... now i gotta wait 24 hours for another :(

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
  • I've got Entei by random luck of chance when I won the Lottory and earned myself a Master Ball. Then I just randomly incountered him and chuck the Master Ball at him.

I don't bother with Raikou for now, 'till I beat Red and start working on my National Pokedex.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I got both of them in the Yellow and Paralyzed. I caught Raikou fairly quick with a Fast Ball. Entei was harder. I used the Snorlax from Diglett's Cave to Block it from running and I caught it with one Ultra Ball. This was after about 20 attempts. Raikou only took about 5 attempts.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    because i meet it when my pokemon was strong i used not very effective attacks and then sleep it and capture it with pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    funny thing is i evolved an evee into an umbreon just so i could mean look-baton pass to my sleeper and ended up catching them bothy without using it:(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well sadly I have never caught a legit Entei or Raikou in any of the G/S/C 'n' Remakes.
    But I tried and nearly caught Raikou and Entei in HG with my sisters Crobat I traded from SS. It used mean look and then I threw a Fast ball and it wiggled 3 times and then it broke free!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2010
    with in five mins of them being able to be caught i caught entei with a master ball and it took 2 encouters for raikou but right when i saw him i threw a fast ball and it caught him with full health i think i was pretty lucky

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • After about six or seven tries, I caught Entei with a dusk ball.

I had enough of Raikou and caught him with the master ball.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • i false swiped them both put entei to sleep and prylz raikou. entei with an ultra and raikou with a fast(it got away and when i saw it next i used the ball on the first turn)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Since I used my Master Ball on Latios, I used Quick Balls. :D Raikou was easy to catch, but Entei took ages (and more than 50 Quick Balls. |:<)

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Caught them both in about 3 hours, put them to sleep then there health to 1HP followed by an ultra ball.
    Simple :P
    -PP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back