• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find out about rom hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
  • I always wanted to learn how to hack, but never had the iniative. As soon as I googled hacking, My laziness was replaced with ideas... That's how I started..

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I searched google for how to play GB games on the computer and I stumbled across them. As soon as I found out about them, I thought, "Hey, most of these aren't bad". Honestly, I now play hack games more than official ones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I was on Youtube searching Pokemon when I discovered some videos on Pokemon hacks.
    I wanted to make one so I Googled Pokemon hacks, found WAH then PC.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    My story goes back a little bit... A year or so ago, spriting was my favorite thing in the world. Whenever I got bored I would make a splice or google for some cool sprites. On one such google trip, I found TR(Team Rockets Rockin). I was looking around and I found the section on fake pokemon games (Quarts, Choas Black, hacks like those). That sparked my interest, so I started googling 'fake pokemon games'. After looking at tons of games, I thought, 'Hey, couldn't I do that?' and that was the start of my adventure. I found Pokecommunity soon after that, and this place has been an invaluable source of tools and resources ever since.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I've been roleplaying with my friends for years about variants to the Pokemon games/show. (In fact, I have a 5 MB text file listing pretty much all the known mechanics of all the existing Pokemon games, changes between the versions, and my on-paper attempts to balance/patch them all.) When I discovered the tools for hacking games a few months ago, I decided to try my hand at realizing my plans.

Venn364

The Pichu Master
    Years
  • I wanted the be able to play the old Pokemon TCG on GBC but since it isn't sold anymore and my brother got me an emulation of it. After Emerald came out I couldn't afford a copy (I have a genuine copy now second hand) so I went on google and got VBA and the Emerald ROM. One of the other ROMS was a hack (I forget it's name) so after a bit of googling I found advanced map and other tools as well as PC and after finally bothering to get a userlogin here I am making my own hack.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I discovered pokemon brown a while back. I was amazed at what coolboyman was able to do. Then I discovered pokecommunity, and now I am in the process of making my own hack.

Theofilaktos

Music Producer
    Years
  • on YouTube, i searched for Pokemon and it found many videos i clicked one, it was regular then i clicked one related video and found Fire Red hacks. (Before 3-4 Years) NOW I make videos too! and i hack!

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    shiny gold. <---thats my explaination figure teh rest out :)

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
    Years
  • Along time ago, I played gba games a lot, such as Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Leafgreen, Emerald... I started to want to play games ive never been able to before, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Gold or Crystal. I then found out that you could play Gba games on the computer via emulator. I soon became bored of those and found out about Gameshark codes. I had great fun stealing other trainers pokemon and buying Master balls at a Mart etc. I then started my video hack series called Pokemon: Hacked which was made up of videos of me playing Pokemon Red with gameshark codes. I soon got bored of this and found out about: ROM Hacking!!! I joined PC soon after and took up Music composing for GBA roms, and I went searching around for a Hacking team or two to put my GBA musical knowledge into something useful: GBA Pokemon hacks!! I also do other things. I can make banners, script, map, Overworld editing and a bunch of other little things. I'm currently working as Music Composer for Pokemon Morganite, and i also make the Pokemon Hack series called Pokemon: The Hack Files that I run through YouTube. I still play GBA games on my Gameboy advance and I still love it. That, my friend, is how I found out about ROM Hacking..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back