• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I evolve my two main pokemons in PMD2?

grassguy

All hail Grovyle!
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    There's some rip in space or something and i can't evolve my chimchar and turtwig help, it says on this walkthrough that i have a dream where there's cresselia and palkia but that just isn't happening. Could someone give me alink to a complete walkthrough coz i really need one.

Last edited:

Plant Princess

Sky Forme
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    You must rescue Scizor and Finish the manaphy event, as well as stop Regigias before you put down Darkria. To evolve your starters you must

Beat The Main Story
    Beat The After Credits Story
    Recruit both Palkia and Dialga
    Recruit Manaphy
    Stop Darkrai
    Unlock the Marine Resort

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • You must rescue Scizor and Finish the manaphy event, as well as stop Regigias before you put down Darkria. To evolve your starters you must

Beat The Main Story
    Beat The After Credits Story
    Recruit both Palkia and Dialga
    Recruit Manaphy
    Stop Darkrai
    Unlock the Marine Resort

Actually you do not need to recruit Dialga. I know this because I didn't have him when I evolved. You just need Palkia, and all the other things you mentioned.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Actually you do not need to recruit Dialga. I know this because I didn't have him when I evolved. You just need Palkia, and all the other things you mentioned.
    yer I am sort of asking a question in itself here
    umm how long will does that take, and does it mostly just happen all at the same time?

PS I only have drowzee, groudon, luxray & celebi as the faces on the start screen/continue thing

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Make sure to check up other threads as i for one know i have answered more than 10 of these,

it is simple all you must do is beat the storyline ( beat primal dialga ) then beat the post storyline ( beat dakrai ) then wait a few days, then manaphy will come back and join your team, then wait a few more days ( do jobs ) and then manaphy will tell you about a place called marine resort. Then go and recruit Palkia ( or you can do so at anytime after defeating Dakrkrai ) you can then evolve.

Years
  • I do not know of any shortcuts. The one thing I can suggest is just doing the easiest, quickest missions possible to pass the days between events.

I think one of the reasons you can't evolve your two main Pokemon until after you have done all these steps is because of all the cutscenes that involve you and your partner. All the starter Pokemon have a variety of expressions that they use in cutscenes; however, their evolved forms do not. It wouldn't make much sense for your starters' evolved forms to be participating in cutscenes if all they have available is the same old neutral expression.
    By making you wait that long to evolve your starters, the game ensures that there are no major cutscenes left to see.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I do not know of any shortcuts. The one thing I can suggest is just doing the easiest, quickest missions possible to pass the days between events.

I think one of the reasons you can't evolve your two main Pokemon until after you have done all these steps is because of all the cutscenes that involve you and your partner. All the starter Pokemon have a variety of expressions that they use in cutscenes; however, their evolved forms do not. It wouldn't make much sense for your starters' evolved forms to be participating in cutscenes if all they have available is the same old neutral expression.
    By making you wait that long to evolve your starters, the game ensures that there are no major cutscenes left to see.

well thats just dumb

sounds like the game designers couldn't be bothered to make a few more pictures

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • The game designers did a great job in my opinion, they made the story long and fun at the same time, although i must admit that it takes a long time to evolve your starters, they should have made it after defeating Primal Dialga.

Back