• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you catch the Legendary Dog?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    If FR/LG, it says you catch one Legendary Dog comparing on your Starter.
    I chose Charmander and I got Mewtwo, gave Celio the two gems and beat Elite Four but I still don't know where/how to catch the Legendary Dog. Can anyone help?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    This should be in simple questions and.You can only get them in Kanto after you get the National Dex.It comes randomdly ans since you picked caharander you will get Suciene.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    I didn't know but anyways, do you have to search for it or it comes to you and how do you know where is it?

3 REGIS

Oo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oO
    Years
    MegaDitto said:
    This should be in simple questions and.You can only get them in Kanto after you get the National Dex.It comes randomdly ans since you picked caharander you will get Suciene.
    Really? I thought it was...

Charmander-Entei
    Squirtle-Suicune
    Bulbasaur-Raikou

*Tries to find guide*

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    The Legendary Dog that appears is determined by your starter, and has a type advantage over it, so:

Bulbasaur - Entei
    Charmander - Suicune
    Squirtle - Raikou

They appear randomly around the kanto wolrd, in grassy areas or in some rare casese on water, and it is best to use your Master Ball on it.

War Raichu

Thunder Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2009
    A good way of finding them quick is to go to the route between Celadon and Saffron with some Max Repels and a lead Pokemon with a level ABOVE the levels of the wild Pokemon in the grass, but below lvl 50, the level of the legendary beast. Spray the repel and ride around in the grass for a few seconds. If nothing appears, go into the guardhouse to reset the beast's location, then go back to the grass and repeat. It should appear soon.

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
    I was using surf in front of Cerulean Cave.Then Entei appered as the second pokemon I fought while I was surfing there.I was talking on the phone to Stan101 while it happened. :D

~James

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    mew42003 said:
    I was using surf in front of Cerulean Cave.Then Entei appered as the second pokemon I fought while I was surfing there.I was talking on the phone to Stan101 while it happened. :D

~James
    Oh what a coincidence! I was using AR to get CYndaquil next to the Curelean Cave and in the grass, a SUicune appeared. First I thought it was my AR but it wasn't.

lillianlatiasqueen

The Water Lilly's Friend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    You'll get him eventually. Just make sure you don't accidently kill the Suicune. I did that in Gold version once... :(

Back