• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you feel about Pokemon clones & hacks?

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    I think using action replay is fine, as long as you are not using it to create ridiculous things such as Wondertomb, No-guard Pokemon with Sheer Cold, etc and try to trade with others' legitimately hard-earned Pokemons through WiFi.

I hack / use AR on ROMs because it is fun, while on my DS cartridge I'd play it legitimately and seriously. The only exceptions to this are events, which I use it only to activate the event then catch the associated Pokemon legitimately, because I know that I would never have a chance to receive a Mystery Gift Card, event Pokemon, etc.

So yeah - Using cheats / hacks with moderation is perfectly okay, it's just those who decide to go over the line, screw others and 'ruining the fun of the game'.

As for cloning, I have no grudge against it whatsoever, considering that it is actually quite beneficial for those who have a trade shop, etc.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
    Years
    I will admit, I used to hack certain Pokemon into my games, but ONLY the Pokemon. It was usually for a trade evolution or to get a version exclusive. Only now since HG has come out that I can trade freely between my games, without having to cheat for them.

Back