• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Kill Time While Ev Training?

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    Since Ev training is not the most fun task to do i always try and find something to take my mind off it while doing it. I usually listen to music watch tv, look at some old youtube videos that i have on my favorites...etc. What do you guys like to do to past the time?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I don't.
    I always have a notepad open and keep track of every battle and EV.
    I don't want to accidentally go over the EVs I need, or lose count, just for something stupid.
    It only takes around 20-30mins to fully EV train a Pokemon anyway with Pokerus, Power items, and vitamins.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
    I don't.
    I don't want to accidentally go over the EVs I need, or lose count, just for something stupid.
    It only takes around 20-30mins to fully EV train a Pokemon anyway with Pokerus, Power items, and vitamins.
    Same here i also keep track of my Ev's, tho i don't have pokrus or power items =[ just me and my macho brace lol.

Years
    i usually watch tv or listen to music as well. but there really isn't much you can do while EV training. lucky for me i have an AR so i can just look at my pokemon's EV/IV and never have to worry about estimating, so that really cuts down the time

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    EV training? Not fun?

Surely you jest!

There's nothing more fun than beating down the same pokemon over and over, all while tallying up a few points after each round. Heck, sometimes I EV train pokemon I'm not even going to use, just out of boredom.

I listen to music -.-

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't.

Waaaaaat? It takes me at least a month to finish one pokemon. I guess lack of pokerus contributes, I could never get it to stay or spread to the other pokemon.

I don't do anything either. I just EV train. Half-hour at a time tops, then go do something else.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    I just Pokesav them lol. Really I just use the pokes I used in my adventure / 3rd gen adventures etc. So I edit their EVs IVs and natures and movesets.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I listen to music whilst spamming A on my DS. During this, I tend to go with the older Kita Khyber releases, rather than Pop Radio BS, Insomniac's Entertainment System, CRTified Technician (for those who don't know, Kita is a techno artist), or any of the PokéRemixStudio songs. Occasionally, I'll watch some TV as well.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This thread belongs in General Pokemon Gaming because EV training is more game specific.

I've only really EV trained once and I killed time by putting my iPod in and relaxing. It does help when you have your mind off things.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I can't do anything else when I want to EV train, I tend to get distracted and then lose track of what I killed and that can really screw me up. Like institutions, it doesn't take me long with Pokerus and my Macho Brace...maybe like 10 minutes per stat (assuming I'm maxing it out). I always have the TV on near my desk anyway, but I never sit down and actually watch it...it's just for background noise.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I don't.
    This.

Although I find it tedious, I don't want to screw anything up.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Man! people need to start counting by using pp; thats the best method
    what i do is troll on forums =P (J/K)
    no actually i contemplate suicide, ev training is about as interesting as watching paint dry
    btw i feed my pokemon flintstone vitamins, pretty dank

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Tragically, I can only do one thing at a time, so I just completely commit myself to the monotony of EV training:( I'm glad I haven't done it in a while lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I usually only listen to music. I constantly need to make sure I'm keeping track of how many EV's I've gotten and make sure I'm running away from Pokemon that don't give the EV's I want.

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
    I'm not really good at multitasking while playing, so I generally devote all my attention to it & listen to music to make the time go faster.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    Since I have A.D.D, I just grind away, keeping track of what I got via note pad (as previously mentioned).

I would really love to have music or something, but it never works out. Otherwise I would, and have, fudged up EV training. Makeing me start over form square one.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Since I have A.D.D, I just grind away, keeping track of what I got via note pad (as previously mentioned).

I would really love to have music or something, but it never works out. Otherwise I would, and have, fudged up EV training. Makeing me start over form square one.
    Oh sup, long lost twin :P
    but yeah, this is why I can't do anything else. The slightest thing distracts me, such as a post on PC that I find the urge to reply to, then suddenly I forget how many Pokémon I've killed and I have to go back and start over.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Since I never have enough money for vitamins, it usually takes me a while to fully E.V. train a Pokemon.

I always listen to music or chat on MSN whenever I E.V. train a Pokemon. Time seems to fly by whenever I listen to music during E.V. training.

Back