• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How do you make a scrolling map in Pokemon Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Use the camera movement script

Here's an eg - (I don't script in emerald, so the raw might change here and there)
    Spoiler:

So you see its same as applying Movements to any normal npc :)... hope it helps

Btw

Nice looking Kirby....might give metaknight a run for it's money (which normally kirby always do)

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Use the camera movement script

Here's an eg - (I don't script in emerald, so the raw might change here and there)
    Spoiler:

So you see its same as applying Movements to any normal npc :)... hope it helps
    Not sure if it's the same in Emerald, but in FireRed you have to use special 0x113 before the movement and 0x114 after.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Not sure if it's the same in Emerald, but in FireRed you have to use special 0x113 before the movement and 0x114 after.

Oh!....you are right I actually forgot about it....thnx for the heads up !(I don't use camera movement often, so it skipped out of my mind)
    Spoiler:

0x113 - unlocks camera
    Ox114 - locks camera

PS - Dont forget to realign the camera to the Centre

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    The specials for Emerald are 0x116 and 0x117.

Back