• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How do you make items that function as HM moves in Emerald?

Years
  • I've seen a few gen 3 hacks that use HM items but I haven't been able to find a guide on how to make them, can someone point me to a tutorial?

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Look for ASM resource thread and

Search through the comments, you'll find what you're looking for

Sorry I can't post links since I haven't made 5 posts

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Hi, already removed the need for HMs from Pokemon, and still create the field effect. If you want to use items to achieve this effect:
    Pc/showthread.php?t=258426
    When you get to the "addscript" part you will have to just point it to an existing script.

Surf is actually very easy to port to an item. You simply have to run the surf script, lol. That's at 0x1A6AC8. You only need to change that to this:
    Spoiler:

Fly is the only one which will require some ASM, and even that is easy, because the research is already done for you. For the item script for fly, just do "callasm 0x80C4EF9

Flash is my last post in the HM thread.
    RockSmash, Strength, waterfall are all done exactly the same as surf.
    Strength however has a special flag, 0x805 which needs to be set. It allows the "strength effect" to persist.

It requires you have JPAN's hacker engine applied to put scripts on items btw, according to the tutorial I linked you.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, already removed the need for HMs from Pokemon, and still create the field effect. If you want to use items to achieve this effect:
    Pc/showthread.php?t=258426
    When you get to the "addscript" part you will have to just point it to an existing script.

Surf is actually very easy to port to an item. You simply have to run the surf script, lol. That's at 0x1A6AC8. You only need to change that to this:
    Spoiler:

Fly is the only one which will require some ASM, and even that is easy, because the research is already done for you. For the item script for fly, just do "callasm 0x80C4EF9

Flash is my last post in the HM thread.
    RockSmash, Strength, waterfall are all done exactly the same as surf.
    Strength however has a special flag, 0x805 which needs to be set. It allows the "strength effect" to persist.

It requires you have JPAN's hacker engine applied to put scripts on items btw, according to the tutorial I linked you.

Isn't JPAN's engine for Fire Red only? I was hoping to do this in Emerald

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
    Years
  • dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    'do the checks you want
    storepartypokemon 0x0 0x800D
    setanimation 0x0 0x800D
    doanimation 0x9 'this line alone does the "surf"
    release
    end

I think this is not for XSE, is it ?
    I dind't find a keyword called storepartypokemon
    But will this work wth a bit modification using XSE ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    McPaul made a patch, though fly in incomplete
    I'm sorry for the autoorrect typo

Last edited:
    Back