• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you sort your boxes?

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
Years
  • How do you organize your boxes?

For me I organize mine by there teir on Smogon.

Box 18 holds the Ubers
    Box 1 & 2 hold OU & BL
    3 & 4 hold BL and UU
    4 & 5 hold UU and NU
    6 & 7 hold NU
    Box 7 also holds my set rain dance team & my set sandstorm team.

For shinys I keep those in Box 17, I also keep the legendarys that I just have in this box. There is also my flyer, my HM Slaves, and a mudkip.

Box 9 holds an egg.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I organize them in Platinum by type, with the types organized in alphabetical order (Bug -> Dark -> Dragon -> etc.). That leaves one box leftover which I always have as my main box for Pokémon I catch, Dittos and frequently used Pokémon (my HM slave, high levels and the like). The only problem is that I have spillover on a lot of the boxes, especially Water and Normal, so I usually have to resort to secondary types to free up space for single-types (ie Shellos/Gastrodon would go in my Ground box).

I abuse the marking system more than anything, though. Circle's for those with HMs or important moves (False Swipe); Triangle's for PokeRus; Square's for ones I can trade; Heart's for ones with egg moves or female non-Dittos with good natures; Star is for ones I've trained or need to EV train; Diamond's for shinies, but that seemed useless, so my foreign Ditto is the only one with Diamond for now.

Once I figure out which game I want to breed on (probably SS) I plan on organizing that box by Egg Group...that is, if I want to keep one game just for breeding.

Years
  • By type missing a couple of grouping a couple like rock and ground, 2 for water types seen as they are a bit over-saturated (one for fresh water, one for salt) and then one box for Legendaries and one for trained 'mon.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I used to have one box for each type (a few for two), but I got tired of it. I threw all useless mons to Ranch and revamped the boxes like this:

-1 and half of 2 hold Lottery pokemon (All with different ID)
    -3 and 4 hold all XD pokemon
    -5 holds Colosseum pokemon (Could be at Ranch, but oh well)
    -6 holds Hayley's trades
    -From 7 to 10 are empty
    -11 holds shinies
    -12 holds some WIP pokemon
    -13 holds battle-ready ones
    -14 holds legendaries

...or something like this. Too lazy to check... :)
    (Oh, and one is full of Dittos for breeding.)

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • I organise mine my types (in HG). First is for water and ice types, then fire, then dragon, grass/posion/bug together, flying/normal together, ground/rock together, fight/steel together, then psychic and dark together and last electric.

Years
  • I don't really order them, I rarely catch more Pokemon than absolutely necessary anyways.
    So, why bother with sorting Pokemon in boxes, when the only time I have more than 10-15 Pokemon is FRLG (that damn national dex, always a pain...)?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Legendaries, all the Pokemon I used ingame from all my games, Trophy case (which is basically shinies and trained pokez), ditto/31 iv'd pokemon for breeding, and the rest is random really. So yup.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I usually have like, 1.5 boxes filled...ish. I start a new one before the previous is filled just because I ran out of room once when I wanted to catch something and it was annoying. No sorting except by what's used the most. Oddish or Farfetch'd are usually near the front because I use them for CUT, everything else is in the order I caught it.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    sort, thats a good joke... At first i just catch what i need and take note of locations for later. i only catch HM carriers, important team members, and really rare guys i got lucky to find.

as soon as i finish training in general, i actually just go berserk with my catching... but my ordering is still very primitive. i only put legendaries in their own box, the rest are everywhere. To see if im missing someone, i just go for the pokedex...

MetryoV

Ultimate Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I use to order them by types but then I got fed up and well, I don't really organize them anymore...

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • Since I don't catch many Pokemon, and don't have wi-fi, I just stuff them all in the first available box.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • if i do organize my pokemon boxes i will organize by type. but most of the time i dont catch more pokemon than i need. so most of the time i will only have 1-2 boxes full by the time i beat the e4

Years
  • My diamond is probably the only one that has something of a box organization. I generally give each of my critters a different nickname so it's easy for me to find them. I don't have a lot of repeats in general.. at least not yet.

I have my "cool box" thats ear marked for HG transferring whenever I feel like I'm done screwing around in D/P for good.. (likely when I get the rest of the legendaries so I don't have to hax my HG game for them.. or for battle tower games. Dunno)

I have one box for breeding stuff. I have another box for trading, which at the moment is random dudes I don't really want and will likely Wifi when I can get my connection issues resolved.

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • In HG they are in # order since I'm trying to complete the National Dex. I also keep Events, Shinies, and Wifi Teams separate from my masses of regular pokemon on Platinum

Back