• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think Gamefreak will handle Gen 6?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If you ever suggest that again, I will punch you in the head.

(That was a joke, in case a Moderator decides they wish to foul me for it lol)

I'm originally from New Jersey, I'm the last person to seriously suggest Jersey Shore because I've seen the products of it. XD

Years
  • I don't know why, but I get the strangest thought that Gen 6 will be a reboot of Gen 2, Gen 7 will be a reboot of Gen 3, Gen 8 will be a reboot of Gen 4, and then the following 4 generations will be reboots of Gen 5-8. Eh, it does seem a bit confusing, but I wouldn't mind if things continued like this. :P

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • They just rebooted gen II with HG/SS. Gen V will have a Gen III reboot. Gen VI probably won't do a gen IV reboot if we're still on DS cards.

Years
  • They just rebooted gen II with HG/SS. Gen V will have a Gen III reboot. Gen VI probably won't do a gen IV reboot if we're still on DS cards.

By reboot, I mean like... a rebirth like what B/W did. It's very similar to Gen 1 in terms of the Pokemon, and the fact that the whole region is so far away from the others, the following regions can all be made to be a part of Unova, and make another Pokemon continent. You know what I mean? =/ So for example, like how Johto featured baby Pokemon, Gen 6 can be a reboot of that and feature baby forms of Gen 5 Pokemon. I think that'd be interesting. :>

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I would rather have a remake of a previous game. Well first, there would be the "Gray" or whatever. Then the remake or Gen 6. Though I would like the remake to be made in the Hoenn or Sinnoh region.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • I want Gen 6 to be a continuation of Gen 5 but please don't make it a two region game. Johto was overshadowed by Kanto so much in Gen II, team rocket, sharing a pokemon league(Seriously Johto is the only region with out it's own Pokemon league.)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Generation VI will probably be highly 3D. And the region in Generation VI will be based off a Eurpeon country in my opinon. Also--I think Generation VI will be the last Pokemon generation.

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I think it will just be a reboot of the Unova/Isshu Regions, But I think it would be an amazing idea if they combined Johto/Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova&Isshu into one huge game. I understand this probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing?

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm also been wondering the same thing. Perhaps, they would definitely look for more Teams to work on. Also, working on 6th Gen meaning 4th Gen remake to appear.

But the question is, will there really be a 6th Gen? Who knows. 5th Gen just released. So I was thought that thinking so far as if there is 6th Gen isn't going to change anything. There's still a lot of 5th Gen Spin Off to work on anyway....

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • Although I completely positive that this WILL BE GEN VI don't beleve that Game Freak or fans will necessary like this route. I would personally like to see a expansion of the old Red/Blue Storyline. I wouldn't mind seeing Gold or even Red returning as a main character and visiting a region that's new to them. (like Hoenn for example). I mean after there respective games, Ruby (I don't remember his real name) or Diamond are never really mentioned again. Red is the only one that ever returns, and it's only for a moment. I guess having control of one of the old characters is too much to ask. I'd still think it be cool if you could at the very least meet up with them during story.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
  • I think it will just be a reboot of the Unova/Isshu Regions, But I think it would be an amazing idea if they combined Johto/Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova&Isshu into one huge game. I understand this probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing?

Now that would be an epic idea, just imagine how much badges there would be lol. That would be a much more challenging Pokemon game.

Back