• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do you think Nintendo made the Pokémon cries???

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • the Pokémon cries are some of the MOST unique sounds in the world!!! but how were they made??? what do you thing they did with a regular sound to manipulate it into a Pokémon cry??? I can tell that Delcatty came from a cat's meow, but a lot of cries have uniqueness to them!!! how do you think these Pokémon cries were made??? list a few Pokémon and how you think it's cry was made...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I've always assumed that GameFreak has two methods for creating cries:
    • Recording certain sounds (like a xylophone for Kricketot) which are then modified through a computer program.
    • Using a computer program to create the cry itself (Porygon, for example).

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I always thought that most cries were random noise composed with a computer program. As for the ones like Delcatty and Starly, they probable took some existing sounds, edited them a bit, and simply threw them in.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • From a programming prospective, these sounds are 8-bit .WAV files, so it wouldn't be THAT hard to compose them on a computer program (come on, a synth and sequencing program should be enough), especially ones that Nintendo should give out to prospective game designers.

Aurielle

Warning : Choking Hazard.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Probably synthetic noises made on a computer program... the old ones, at least.

Back