• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you Train Your Pokemon?

NightonEX

The Apple iSuck Fan!
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2007
    IVs, EVs, etc....how? I would appreciate any help. I sorta just level.

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Ok, well I'll start with EV's. Every Pokemon in the game will give off a certain type of EV. Say, a Zubat gives off 1 speed EV. IF you want your Pokemon to have a huigh speed, you battle only Zubat, which gives you the EV. The most you can gret are 252 EV's per stat, but there are ways of not having to beat 252 Zubat. Some Pokemon give higher EV's, Golbat give 2 speed EV's. The Macho Brace doubles the EV's you get, as does Pokerus.

IV's, Iv's are stats that are built into the Pokemon when its obtained. The maximum per stat is 31 IV's. Use an IV calculator to figure these out, its simple. if you want higher IV's, find Pokemon with ones that you want, and breed to get the right ones.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    the best way to see iv's is to have iv battles on wifi. these are battles with freshly hatched pokemon and with the level 100 cap you can see all their stats, and by that, calculate their iv's.

i'm too lazy to arrange iv battles so i just put them in day care, run around like mad and usually when they're around level 10, you get the idea of what their iv's are. the higher the level the more accurate their iv's, but at around level 18(which takes less running than you think with the bike), you get a really good idea(range within 4iv's or so).

as for ev training, it's probably the easiest part. you just have to know which vs. seeker playrs to battle against. you get speed ev's against the fisherman on the bridge west of eterna who has six magikarps. hp's you can get from cowgirl south of solaceon who has 5 bidoofs. sp.att you can get from gastly's in old chateau. defense you get from maniac caves where it's all geodudes or hippotas. just some examples. with pokerus and power items, i usually get training done with my pokemon around levl 20. it's quick and shouldn't take more than 2 hours, max. i do it in around 40minutes.

level up is easy too with the lucky egg, but more repetitive so i usually settle for around level 40-55 when the pokemon fully evolve and learn the moves they're suppose to learn.

Bill_taco

Headbanger
    Years
  • Well it depends, I max out all stats with pp ups & other items like that then i give it a good hold item(like quick claw) finally after i level it up to 70 without Rare Candies i start using them.

That is my training technique in general. But i can get more into it explaining all types of pokemon.

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    there is actually a item duplication trick :o which I'm not sure works. I just read it. try it if you want.

have poke with theif, do a double battle. have poke use thief on your other poke with the hold item and the item is 2x'd not sure if it works.

Back