• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you watch your anime?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I pretty much download all my anime, and when I download it, I tend to go for fansubs. If it's an anime I'm really looking forward to (Tales of Symphonia OVA |D) I'll download the RAWs right away instead of waiting for the subs but usually I have patience.

I rarely buy DVDs, but they've gone down in price so I might look into it again. When I buy DVDs, I usually like watching the dubbed version on them, if applicable. I have no idea why.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    subbed is the way I go ^_^ Either downloading, buying the dvds in US that have the Japanese on it, or just getting the Japanese DVDs themselves. Though, if I had the money to get The Anime Network... to totally would XD

falling up+
    Years
  • I usually get most of my stuff on the comp fansubbed but if its liscensed in the US Ill catch it on tv. Whatever series adult swim finally got around to 3 years after its release.

I really like having the physical dvds though so I usually wind up buying series. Especially if the distributor has it in 16:9 or if I just like the english dub enough (full metal, beck, mushi-shi, ERGO PROXY!)

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • Depends actually

I would never watch it Raw because i have no idea what they are saying

I would mostly like to watch it Subbed because the voices are original and the subtitles are related to the anime

Dub i would only watch if i have no other choice

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    How do you watch your anime? Online? On TV? How?
    Do you like dubs, subs or raws best? Or all of these? Wtf? :3

I watch mine on my computer mostly because I like to watch with subs. I do happen to have some DVDs as well but I only get the ones that included the Japanese subs. I just happen to prefer to watch it that way. To each his own. =3

The bolded portions are my responses. XP

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • One word.
    Bittorrent.
    Or when I'm lazy, the internet.

Oh and I definitely prefer subs, because I'm just so far ahead of the dubbed versions why not just watch them in subs.

Last edited:

n3

Some guy
    Years
  • if people are going to watch subs they at least should get the real avi/mkv/whatever files the fansubber releases first like i do :p

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Sometimes, if im lucky, i get on the Anime channel on Demand and very luckily, i get to watch a few episodes here and there, if it wasn't for that, i wouldn't have watched Air Gear. ^.^ I try to catch a few on Adult Swim, but meh, i've seen all the episodes in sub already. I either download or watch on Veoh

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • With my eyes, of course.

Anyway, downloading, always. Youtube is iffy. And since I'm a sucker for quality, I have to download those huge mkvs and avis, not those crappy rmvbs and stuff. Oh, and always subbed.

But, like Lightning, when I do get DVDs, I prefer to watch the dubbed version for no reason.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Internet. I watch subs, because I find it easier to be reading the anime XD;, plus dubs are expensive to buy in DVD format, and the only anime they show in Australia on TV are Death Note -- on a channel I don't have access to -- and Naruto, basically ~_~; Also, subs are faster out.

Years
  • With my eyes, of course.

Anyway, downloading, always. Youtube is iffy.....

LOL "with my eyes"

I prefer subs and enjoy finding the differences in translations occasionally.
    like, half the jokes on dragon ball Z were made up, just cauz the translations that actualy made sense didn't fit into the cene. (just made that up, I've only seen it done a few times)

please stop saying things like "of the internet"! doesn't take that long to write the ulr

naruto: all episodes and some shipuden totally free please don't use youtube- www.narutoget.com/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Everything I watch I see on Youtube. I don't really know where to download anything, and Youtube has most animes anyway.

As to what style, I like subs best. Whenever they translate something into dubs, something always gets lost...and the English voice actors usually don't fit the characters as well as the Japanese ones. With subs, they keep the original thing, and I can understand it. Raws I wouldn't mind, if only I could understand what they were saying...

Back