• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Does Religion Affect Your Life?

Years
    1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life? In my personal opinion, I'd say positively. I can't definitively say how, but I'm just happy as a believer and feel more compelled to take part in life.
    2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion? I firmly believe that there is a God and that the universe did not create itself out of nothing. On the more mythological sides of the Catholic church's teaching on history, I tend to not have a fundamentalist fix on points that have proven to be not true, such as animals not changing over time.
    3. How Has Church Affected Your Life? I don't often go to church; mostly just during religious festivals. I wouldn't say it has had an incredible impact since I usually only come to receive formal service and I don't participate in much else.
    4. What Does Religion Mean To You? A way to compromise an infinite number of possible philosophies for what's beyond life, death, and the universe. I guess that's more of a definition than anything, but that's what the question seems to be asking to me, so...Dx

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    1. How Has Religion Affected Your Life?
    Well, it hasn't really affected my life that much. I don't believe in just one religion, I believe what I want to believe. Whether that means believing bits and pieces from multiple religions, so be it.

2. How Strong Is Your Belief in Religion?
    Well, like I said, I don't believe in just one religion. Obviously I feel strongly about the bits that make up what I believe in, though.

3. How Has Church Affected Your Life?
    I don't remember if I've ever actually been to church, I may have when I was younger. The last time I remember being inside of a church was when I went to my aunt's wedding, which was years ago.

4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church?
    Well, I wouldn't know what I'd like to see considering I have no idea what's already there.

5. What Does Religion Mean To You?
    To be honest, religion is a very small part of my life and I don't like to voice my believes publicly. I believe what I believe and that's good enough for me.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    It hasn't, i'm Athiest. Sorry. :(

It doesn't exist.

I've been to church when I was younger. It seemed like they were practically brainwashing everyone, rather than following religion, so I quit going.

People actually worshiping their god, rather than stealing money.

I don't judge people on their religion. It's their decision, and I respect that. If only people acted the same way towards me...
    Religion is the belief of how the Earth was created, how they will end up after death... etc.
    Unfortunately, people are forgetting about actual religion, and started to take it up as a fad. That's why i'm through with it.

(Atheist does NOT mean a devil worshiper! It means that I have no belief in a "God".)

Ayselipera

Once upon a time my parents raised me to be Catholic, but then I stopped believing in it a few years ago. Now I am forced to attend a religious class every couple weeks. Luckily it will be officially over in May. Then I'll never have to do anything with my religion anymore.

I don't believe in any religions.

If anything all it did was cause me to wake up rather early on Sundays when I was younger.

More accepting people and less up tightness.

Something that was once used to explain how things are and came to be.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    A lot. My religion is Islam, which is basically a way of life. It governs everything I do, so most of my morals and actions come from Islam.
    I would like to think of it as somewhat strong, but I know I could do better.
    Islam doesn't have churches, so this question is N/A for me.
    N/A
    Like I said, a lot. Sure, I'm not the best Muslim, but I do try to follow the basic rules and do what I can.

EmzStar

GERONIMO!!
    Years
    Yeah, before I start I wanna say that I'm not religious, but I respect what people believe in.
    Well, I have religious Education classes and they're quite interesting.
    Not that strong.
    It affected my view on life, that every living thing deserves respect.
    Well central heating for a start.
    Something people can believe in, it gives them the strength to carry on.

Years
    It affected my life when I was younger. Out of all of the kids, I was the only one in my teenage years that'd willingly go to church. I wouldn't say I was super excited about religion, but I wanted to believe, and I wanted to make it to Heaven. Perhaps for selfish reasons, now looking back... At one point, I'd even dump things I held dear if I felt it'd interfere with my relationship with God.

After high school, though, I decided church was boring and I didn't want to go anymore. So I stopped. Obviously my belief has waned since then.

If anything, it means I know some stuff about Christianity. *shrugs*

Right now, close to nil. I mean, there's a chance any number of gods exist out there, but... I just don't right now.

Over the years, it's gone from something I enjoyed to what feels like the biggest waste of an hour on Sunday. All my different experiences in churches just don't make me want to go anymore. It doesn't engage me anymore, sadly.

More pretty stuff, churches can be so beautiful Other than the superficial? No idea. It's not something I think about.

It's something people believe in, anywhere from not very much to so much it's their passion. Sometimes it can give them hope when they have none, or something to believe in when they don't think they can in anything else. For some religions, it can give them a support system through a church... and sometimes it can change their lives in a positive way.

Honestly I think religion itself is a beautiful thing. It's just not for me right now.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    'Tis the reason why I think so much. I don't think I need to believe in a higher being to live and suceed; I can live for myself.

I don't think I ever believed, even as a kid. Far too much contradiction and such.

It showed me that people love to congregate for a common purpose.

4. What Kind Of Things Would You Like To See In A Church? Understanding and openmindedness.

Just something people use to understand the world and all its madness.

Answers below the quoted questions. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Back