• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how does trading work?

PiplupnamedPIP

Silence=gold|Duct tape=silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    SO how does trading work? i see people that say stuff like they want _____ or they dont need _____ anymore. how can you trade? im so confused!

Pineapi

Must. Have. Cute. Pokemon.
    Years
    Have you linked your DS up to wifi yet? You will need to take care of that first of all. It's easier than I thought it would be but you're going to need your WEP key, I had to call Linksys to get mine. There's tons of online instructions for linking up..

When you trade a Pokemon, if someone is "giving" you one you just need to set your party with a "filler" pokemon as they're called, one you don't care about losing. (I just catch random Bidoof's for this purpose, as do many others lol.) You can't do a "trade" in the game without sending something over as well.

You find someone on the forums who has a poke you want, then you go to a Poke Center in the game, go downstairs and connect to the wifi. Make sure you have already added the person's friend code into the pal pad thingy.

I was asking all the same questions you're asking a few days ago! lol Now I've been trading like crazy!

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    Haha I just used my USB Connector! I could not connect.... I seem to not have a compatible router....

PiplupnamedPIP

Silence=gold|Duct tape=silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    my dad tried to set it up but he said i coulnt cause something about the wireless router not being set up. Is there ANY way i can trade pokemon or something without it? online without WiFi maybe? or do i have to have the wireless router for WiFi at all? i dont even know what a wireless router is! lol, ty for the help guys =]

Back