• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you been amazed and confused by Pokemon Special?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Title says it all. Pokemon Special has good thing and not-so-good things about it but sometimes the writer likes to surprise and confuse us. Like how the Manga's story expands on the Pokemon games' aspects or how the Elite Four of Kanto is evil or how Green's (Blue) Ditto can form into inanimate objects such as keys.

So feel free to reply so long as you keep on topic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I am amazed that Pokemon Special did let Ruby participate in contests and Sapphire to participate in gyms, which broke the gender stereotype. I also like that some of the character have indepth character development.

What I don't like about Pokemon Special is the treatment Gold, Silver, and Crystal received in the HGSS arc compare to Red, Green, and Blue. Although I think that the FRLG arc could use some work because it didn't make any sense that Blue's parents didn't say a word when they saw her. I am just going by what others say that the HGSS arc ended, but I am not certain myself. It is not that hard to incoperate heart with Gold and soul with Silver. Also what was the point of Gold and Silver making their Pokemon evolve all of a suddenly because personally I think that evolution stones should be used in only desperate time.

Last edited:

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Yes definitely. Like above, I'm amazed on how Ruby goes for Coordinator and Sapphire for the gyms... And the stories are much more enhanced than the original stories, which is very very very good.

But only thing is... It seems PokeSpecial's story is slowly dropping after Generation IV's stories. Diamond, Pearl was still okay and it's an unknown for Platinum. HGSS is a huge disappointment. I'm looking forward for Black/White arc :(

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Totally wasnt expecting that!

I actually stumbled on the manga by accident seeing that I was never really into it. When I started reading that I was like oh okay...then later on like at the start of the Yellow arc I was like HOLY CRAP! Then at the end of the yellow arc I was like HOLY PENGUINS FLIPPING GOD!!! DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?!

Okay here are some of the suprises that I absolutley loved:

-The manga went into depth with Blue (aka Leaf/Green in US)
    -Lance turned out to be a Terriost
    -Kanto's Elite 4 was evil
    -Some of Kanto's gym leaders were part of Team rocket (that was a huge mindbender for me)
    -Blaine and Mewtwo's relationship
    -Actually killing off pokemon (assumed) does that make me a bad person :/
    -Yellow turns out to be a girl <3
    -Gold becoming the "pro breeder"
    -Silvers' and Blues' past
    -Kris being a pro-pokemon catcher
    -Pryce being part of Team Rocket
    -LIke you said before Ruby going for contests and Sapphire going for gym battles
    -Sapphire's personality :D
    -Ruby's story of why he wears his awesome hat
    -The involvement of Hoenns elite 4
    -Juan <3
    -Steven handing "the cape" over to Wallace
    -The epic battle between Magma and Aqua, and Archie persumed more evil than portrayed in the game
    -rubyXsapphire :embarrass
    -The return of Team Rocket in FRLG
    -Giovanni and Deoxys
    -The ohmyholyfreakinlord epic battle between Deoxys and Mewtwo
    -Everyone turns to stone at the end of FRLG ;~;
    -Emeralds personality <3 <3 <3
    -FRONTIER BRAINS!!!!!
    -The ending of Emerald -sniff- it was sooo awesome, oh and the return of Archie somewhere in there lol

I could go on forever about the series. Now if the show was like the manga... oh hohohoho the ratings would skyrocket through the roof!

Back