• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How is it that you get all 3 starters in Crystal?

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    I know its something like, get the 1st starter, put in the box, change t he box, do ov er again, blah blah yeah. But I did that and it didn't work; am I missing something? who has more exact instructions?

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Marriland Forums said:
    Here's how to get all three starters without Sharking them/trading them.
    Note: yes it does use the Pokémon cloning trick, but at least since you'll start a new game you won't lose a lot if you do it wrong the first time (the second time then the thing is different, you would have wasted around 30 minutes of your life and your batteries).

Start a new game, save BEFORE you pick a starter (the only save you should do), pick either starter, and play the game until you get the Poké Balls. Catch a Pokémon, then go deposit the starter. Then go to that option to change the box. It will do all the save stuff, but when it says the "Saving... don't turn off the power", turn the game off before it writes power (I find turning the game off during the "the" word is fine, my save didn't get deleted). Turn the game on again and you'll be right before you pick a starter. Pick another starter, play the game untill you get the Poké Balls, catch a Pokémon, deposit the starter, change box, turn the game off before it writes power. Turn it back on, you should be right before you get the starter. Pick another starter. You can save now (unless you want another starter, then do the same thing you did above, but you don't have any more NEW starters to get, since you got all three...). Go to the Pokémon Center and go withdraw Pokémon on your PC... the other starters should be there =D
    They won't appear on the PokéDex tough (only their evolutions, but that's nothing a little bit of breeding can't fix)>_>

That should do it. Sad that this isn't on PC to my knowledge.

Back