• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How is your team balanced out?

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    I personally train one pokemon high and use it for most of the fighting (starter) untill I get a legendary (Kyogre or Groundon) then I use the legandary for most of the fighting.

By the time I get to the League, I would have a level 60 legandary and a level 50 starter, and 4 level fortish pokemons that I stuffed together from victory road.

After I am confident with beating the league, I sometimes replace one of the level fortish pokemon with a good type, low level and stage and give it exp share. e.g. bagon.

Then would simply train the low level and stage pokemon untill it is around level 50. When it is level 50, I would replace another fortish pokemon and so on. When my team is basicly developed, I have a level late 80 legandary, and 5 level 50-60 ish pokemons.

Of course I would continue training untill I have a full team of level 100s...

So what about you?

Last edited:

enyce

banned
    Years
    I usually have no more than one type on the same team. Unless they are doubles.

I usually have:
    One Electric or Grass, I seriously dont need both
    One Fire
    One Water
    One Psychic
    One Dark,houndoom would be an example of why I have more than one fire type.
    One Flying type

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    Cool, I like the idea of having only one type once in your team, I sometimes get more than 1 waters because they are super effective to sooo many types.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I usually have my starter pokemon 2 or 3 levels ahead of my other pokemon. I just use what I catch rather than getting specific pokemon and depending on if it is a high level pokemon and if I like it, I'll usually swap them around. I done this with silver and I've only just noticed that all of my best pokemon (except one) are double types which include flying, which are Dragonite, Pigeot, Gyarados, Lugia, Ho-oh and I have a Feraligatr too. Obviously if someone had an electric pokemon I'd have no chance, but I've never lost a battle with them yet.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Jorah said:
    I usually have my starter pokemon 2 or 3 levels ahead of my other pokemon. I just use what I catch rather than getting specific pokemon and depending on if it is a high level pokemon and if I like it, I'll usually swap them around. I done this with silver and I've only just noticed that all of my best pokemon (except one) are double types which include flying, which are Dragonite, Pigeot, Gyarados, Lugia, Ho-oh and I have a Feraligatr too. Obviously if someone had an electric pokemon I'd have no chance, but I've never lost a battle with them yet.

Dragonite, can withstand an electric attack. Seeing dragon is resistant to thunder. Although Thunder X Flying=X2 but then there is the dragon type.

Thunder X Flying= X2 devide by one half= 1. Wich is neautral damage. Now Gyarados is screwed. Ho-Oh will only recieve Neautral from ice because it is part fire. Lugia has so many weaknesses. Rock, Electric, Ice, Dark, Ghost. Some other ones I cant think of right now. Pidgeot gets neautral from fighting. But that is normals only weakness. So its basically like being pure flying.

Lugia and Pidgeot are your only flying that doesnt have 4x weakness. Ho-Oh's is rock, Gyarados is electric. Dragonite is ice.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, I get that! At first I was getting a bit confused at the x everything, but I get that. So I suppose its an OK team, but could be a little more varied.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    well when I first play through the story I just raise x6 zigzagoons

'cuz they pick stuff up.
    but after I've done the storyline part and become the champion

I raise teams for battle 'cuz lots of people around here battle pokemon.

I try and play with the not overused pokes too.

here's my current team. (all bug type, 'cuz it's different)

Volbeat
    Forettress
    Dustox
    Heracross
    Butterfree
    Shedinja

and as for training my teams after I complete my EV training
    I like to keep 'em at the same levels
    I'll train in increments of 5 as levels go

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Each and every Pokemon in my party is a different type. I always try to train my Pokemon equally ie. Same lvl. It really helps when they are all similar lvls because if one of your Pokemon dies you still have Pokemon that will challenge the opponent.

enyce

banned
    Years
    poke lover said:
    Each and every Pokemon in my party is a different type. I always try to train my Pokemon equally ie. Same lvl. It really helps when they are all similar lvls because if one of your Pokemon dies you still have Pokemon that will challenge the opponent.

I learned that you had to raise more than one the hard way. When I had caught, Nidoran. On yellow, I thought double kick could beat everything. But I lost a lot. But because of my high level I over came disadvantages. But I had an level 100 Nidorino. I didnt know nidorino evolved, with the moonstone. I battled my friend the next day.

Got my butt kicked.

lol all bug, maybe one good firetype could kill them all...no offence

That is true, Charizard with its good special attack. Could wipe them out with fire blast or even flamethrower. Larvitar could kill them all with a rock slide. Except foretress. Butterfree is definatley dead meat.

His forettress has 4x weakness to fire. Heracross is 4x weak to flying. His bug team is easily squashed.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2006
    i use - for R/S/E

-water/ice type
    -fighting
    -dark/ghost type

throw in a move thats good against steel - the rest are HM slaves :P

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    eh,...I can't say...I always win with the poke'mon I have.....I mean how could one lose?! it an RPG basically!and I've never seen a hard rpg in my life!!!

but in my Ruby version,I got a salamence,flygon,Kyogre,Blazeken,...the thing before Ludicolo,and Raichu....tell me...what IS my style?....

enyce

banned
    Years
    c00kie said:
    i use - for R/S/E

-water/ice type
    -fighting
    -dark/ghost type

throw in a move thats good against steel - the rest are HM slaves :P

I think HM's are the worst things ever. I freaking hate them... I wish they were never added. Accept fly and Surf. I hate the rest of them. Cut should of never been made. They could of gotten rid of the dumb trees. Flash is stupid too. Strength is a normal attack....that cant be forgotten. Whirlpool sucks, and waterfall is just surf minus 15 in base power.

I dont know nothing about 8 or 9...Never played R/S/E

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years

My team is: Tyranitar, Umberon\Espeon ( I use both), Metagross, Blaziken, Ampharos and Rayquaza\Flygon\Salemence.

Back