• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How long id it take you to beat G/S/C?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I beat the game in about 6-8 hours in one day. Once you keep restarting the game again, again and again. Your gonna experience the game and get it done faster. ;]
    then once I Beat the Kanto side and face RED. It takes me about 3 more hours, so the total I spend on G/S/C beating everything is between 9-12 hours. =]

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I haven't played Silver in like years so my memory of it very vague, but I believe it took at least 30 hours.
    I was like 12 so I didn't really understand the concept of puzzles (Due to the new generations having a lack of any puzzle), so it was no cakewalk on my side.
    If I had a chance to play it again, it might take at least 10 to beat it (Due to having a better understanding of the game).

Years
    I've never played straight through the game before. i always get distracted by something. "im gonna breed this and that and see if i get this," "i feel like catching him and getting him to level#" etc. but i remember seeing about 100 hours before i got to red the first(?) time i played.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    ............................................... ¬_¬

Okay. I refuse to believe that any of you ever had so much free time on your hands that you could beat a game in 5-20 hours of nonstop gameplay. It's just impossible. Even if you did it over Summer Vacation or Winter break you'd still have to eat, do chores, etc.

EDIT: And even if you were able to accomplish such a thing, I don't see how you enjoyed the game that much.

Anyway, it took me about 2 months of on and off gameplay. However, in terms of the amount of hours logged in the game for how much I played, I would say it was about 20-23 hours. I'm kind of like Rogue Stryke and keep getting sidetracked.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    My fastest was about two days, but only up to Clair, then I restarted. Probably because I like to train a team of six whenever possible.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    i could waste one day on just beating the Elite 4 and waste 3 dayz on beating Red, but memories never go away...=)

Years
    It took me...hmm....maybe about 6 months? Back then my mom only let me play video games for an hour, and I wasnt quite the gamer I am now...I liked to play around just a bit too much -_- Plus then, and even now, I take my time with video games if I own them, they arent going anywhere....unless they suddenly grow legs...O_O

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    When I first played Gold, it took me around possibly one month (as the Elite Four costed me so much trouble where I had to borrow my brother's level 73 Seaking to win).

Crystal took less longer than I thought and only took me two weeks to complete (up to Red).

...I never had a lot of free time back then :(.

ranger of almia

I herd u liek kipz of mudz.
    Years
    Well beating gold took me about a month because i had to train up to level err 70-80 to make sure E4 wasn't a problem and also to make sure that i would blow through kanto but boy when it came red it took me 4 days to beat him but that was never a waste of time until a started searching for the golden magikarp which i still never found.

Yoshikin

Dragon Yoshi
    Years
    My first play-through as a 9-year old took me around 2 years to beat it. then now I'm playing through Crystal again. My first game was Silver and its Internal Battery is shot. the gamepack won't even be read.

Back