• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film How many of you like the Spotlight Movie?

Years
    The movie Spotlight takes you to the year 2001 when the editor of the Boston globe Marty Baron assigns Editor Walter "Robby" Robinson to lead a team of journalists compiling of Michael Rezendas, Matt Carroll and Sasha Pfeiffer on an investigation of priest John Geoghan who was believed to be the person who molested and abused more than 80 boys in the Roman Catholic church. Like with any movie that is based on real events, Spotlight is no difference but, when the movie involves religious events then there is more work than meets the eyes. The movie showcases how a respected priest molested and sexually abused more than 80 boys over the past decades behind the closed doors of the Roman Catholic Church he worked at. How the officials of the church did their best in hiding all the facts.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I saw this and really didn't like it at all. as far as I'm concerned it was a standard Oscar bait biopic with absolutely 0 style telling a story straight. that's fine but Mark Ruffalo's not a very good actor and this isn't exactly a compelling story to make a film out of outside of a few moments. the ending was powerful. I guess it's just not what I look for in a movie. I'll be disappointed if this wins best picture because it really has very little going for it. some moments made me physically cringe in a bad way, like when one of the victims and the female reporter were taking a walk and talking and then the guy was like "oh look.... there's a playground right there..... in front of this church" it was just like Of Course. so I wasn't a huge fan.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    Recently came across and saw this thread ,which I think to give the answer necessary. To be honestly I don't like , totally wastage of time money as well.

Back