• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many Pokemon should there be?

How many Pokemon should there be in the games?

• Total voters

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    New Pokémon have been continually released for much of my life, and I find the idea of that just .. stopping kind of scary. The real world's complement of organisms is incredibly vast, and makes Pokémon's ecological diversity look like a sterilized petri dish in comparison. There's a great many type combinations and morphological ideas yet to be tried; I very much hope that new Pokémon go on being created for the rest of my life.

So long they stay away from the Bidoof homologs, that is..
    Hmmmmm, Bidoof is a crap that I never saw that anyone likes...

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Haha. Whenever my brother begs me to start playing D/P/Pt instead of G/S/C, I just say "Bidoof" and that ends the conversation.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen yesterday
    I like how many pokemon there are now but I wouldn't mind seeing new pokemon being made.

Years
    yes bidoofs do suck, and obviously they are running out of ideas. not much effort in the designs or names anymore. there basing it more on kids now and not for the older generation like most of us, kids dont really care about that sort of suff.
    i mean, you cant really beat a name like: nidoking, charizrd or articuno can you?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    STOP IT WITH THE BIDOOFS, SOMEONE KILL EVERY LAST ONE ALREADY, IT'S MAKING ME SICK, BIDOOFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, big red letters. You know, the pure bigness and redness of those letters has won me round to your opinion, just like that.

yes bidoofs do suck, and obviously they are running out of ideas. not much effort in the designs or names anymore. there basing it more on kids now and not for the older generation like most of us, kids dont really care about that sort of suff.

A) The games have always been aimed at kids.

B) Most of the customers are kids, not older fans like us lot.

C) I'm a bit confused about what you're saying, are you saying that kids don't care about designs or names? Erm, yes they do. Children do have independent thought, you know.

i mean, you cant really beat a name like: nidoking, charizrd or articuno can you?

Because if it's older, it's inherently better!

Last edited:

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Wow, big red letters. You know, the pure bigness and redness of those letters has won me round to your opinion, just like that.

A) The games have always been aimed at kids.

B) Most of the customers are kids, not older fans like us lot.

C) I'm a bit confused about what you're saying, are you saying that kids don't care about designs or names? Erm, yes they do. Children do have independent thought, you know.

Because if it's older, it's inherently better!
    Yeah I do that a lot... I mean, it gets people's attention, I mean check the next few things and tell me what you saw first:

Hi

HI

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

(I really hate bidoofs, they are Biggoofs)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I dont really know. Im fine with the number we have already. Im sure we will eventually have over 500 pokemon though so yeah.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    OVER 9000!!!

Sorry, I had to.

If they make GOOD pokemon, yes, a lot more.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Yeah I do that a lot... I mean, it gets people's attention, I mean check the next few things and tell me what you saw first:

Hi

HI

Hi

Hi

Hi

Hi

(I really hate bidoofs, they are Biggoofs)

I saw the plain small black "Hi" first, because it's the first thing I hit when scrolling down. It's also the part I gave the most respect to, because it doesn't look like you're shouting at everyone. Keep that in mind.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    What's the "over 9000!" thing all about? Some meme I haven't come across yet?

nohakman

Fear the Cadian Lucario!
    Years
    There should be OVER 9000!!! lol :P

but seriously they need to have an eevee for every current type (I WANT A FIGHT-TYPE EEVEE!) as well as a few other type-combos (like a fire-grass type or something)

ps i didnt see VictorP1's post before i said over 9000. it was just spontanious

Back