• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many shinies did you encounter in a Friend Safari?

Universal

Musician
Years
  • The shinnies I found via friend safari are:

2 Fraxures
    1 Sliggoo
    3 Noibats
    2 Ponytas
    2 Pyroar
    1 Frogadier
    1 Folette

My longest shiny took 2 and a half hours (410 encounters, somewhere around there)
    My shortest encounter took 4 seconds (1 encounter, which was Noitbat and Ponyta)

I know people say you have to be online, or your friend has to be online to find shinnies better. I can, without a doubt say that it is false, infact I find shinnies a lot easier with my wireless switch off.

EDIT: Just found Meinfoo less than 10 encounters. .
    Theory Tip: When I use to RNG, the more key presses you do, the more shiny frames you have. So as I start up my game, I mash a lot of buttons, including the D-Pad. It's only a theory!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    0 FS Shinies.

I have 1 Shiny Doublade that I found while hunting and breeding for it. Managed to get it in Route 6 with a fainted Magnet Pull Nosepass leading my party.

I have over 15 hours in the FS total. I started keeping time of how long I'm in there.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Omg that must have been heart-breaking to see that Heracross use Takedown after False Swipe ><, I hope you encounter another one if that's the Pokemon you were looking for as a shiny.

I'm new to the whole hunting for shiny Pokemon (been using the Masuda Method for them), and I did hear that you have an unusual increase on finding one in Friend Safari's, is it better to hunt for shinys inside Safari's, instead of hunting them outside the Safari?, or is it the same regardless where you look?

Hope everyone here get's their shiny that there looking for in the Safari.

I was pretty frustrated since it was the first shiny I had encountered since FireRed came out, wasn't even looking for it. But I guess it wasn't meant to happen so I can't be too sad about it :|

I think Friend Safaris definitely have a higher shiny encounter rate, every one of my friends who found and caught a shiny found it in an FS. They weren't even looking for it. I'd say if you're hunting for specific one though, you might wanna use the PokeRadar instead of searching blindly. Way less luck involved than Masuda Method but takes patience in a different sort of way.

Oh you poor thing!
    ------
    I currently have three Shinies.

Chain Fished : Bee♪ (Politoed) , Spencer♥ (Dragalge)

Friend Safari'd : Natasha♥ (Metang)

I lucked out finding Tasha, because I went into my friend Kida's safari on a fluke. She wanted to know what was in it. I walked it and BAM. There it was. S2G, I nearly pee'd my damn pants.

Lucky! A shiny Metang sounds awesome, though to find any shinies at all is a big deal. Congrats!

Lets see...
    Oh wait, I don't have any friends.

I'll be your friend!

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • Yeah, I personally think that the odds are increased in the safari. So far I've found a shiny frogadier, mankey and duosion in the safari, all under 100 encounters. Maybe I'm just lucky, but hey at least they all have two IVs of 31!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I have good news for you, you can see more than one shiny in a safari.

For example I was chasing shiny Ninetales, I managed to get her, but too bad, she didn't have Drought.

So the day after I tried again in the same safari, and a few hours later, a really pretty shiny Ponyta appeared!

So I'm pretty sure you can meet all the Pokemon in a safari as a shiny, you just need a lot of luck.

And also, the encounters rate of a Pokemon seems different depending on the safaris, so I would watch out for that.

That's why I'm praying right now, because I would like a shiny Ditto with Imposter, I already caught a shiny Cinccino in that safari.

Thanks Farore! :) I guess I will need some more luck and time finding the shinies I really want to have in my team! ^_^

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • I m just doing a little ingame analysis.... so i have one question for all the people that find safari shinies on a regular basis: Have you all guys found at least one shiny grass using pokeradar? I ask that because the only difference between my x and y carts is that in X i got a shiny ducklett using pokeradar.

This is the result of my hunt:
    POKEMON X
    (At least one successfull pokeradar shiny catched)
    safari hunt duration: 17hours
    safari shinies catched: 6

POKEMON Y
    (not any shiny grass found)
    safari hunt duration: 17hours
    safari shinies catched: 0

both the hunts were made online, yet the result is disappointing just on the second cart......what do you think?

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • Have you all guys found at least one shiny grass using pokeradar?

Nope. I went hunting for a day, but I never got past say a 20 chain. I did start going to the Friend Safaris after getting and using the Pokeradar though. (This is still a stretch, but I do find your results really weird. I wonder why one cart is that much less lucky than the other...)

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Nope. I went hunting for a day, but I never got past say a 20 chain. I did start going to the Friend Safaris after getting and using the Pokeradar though. (This is still a stretch, but I do find your results really weird. I wonder why one cart is that much less lucky than the other...)
    thats pretty much it... did you find any shiny in the safari at least?

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Last night in a Friend Safari I found 2 Shiny Ninetails, and One Shiny Charmeleon. All within one hour.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    i caught 4 today, 3 gyarados and 1 octillery, trading 2 gyarados if anyones interested add me and send a message that you added me so i can add you back

3437 3030 4722

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You will have to be patient, mostly it seems that Murphy's law is in full effect there.

You're desesperately searching for a shiny Pokemon in particular? That should take a while...

You're just passing by? Poof! Shiny. (Well, it happened once to me anyway)
    That's been the case for me, all of the shinies I've caught have appeared without me actually seeking one...actually most of the time I'm just training...

I wish we could use the radar in the safari...

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • YEAAHH, The first time I was hunting for shiny's on Y and I had about the 80-100 encounters in the Fire Safari so I decided to try the water and.... A SHINY KRABBY ON THE FIRST ENCOUNTER!

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Just got my first after a long grind, female lonely machoke with no guard, ive are brilliant, mean total of 28. Now o just need a moveset that justifys the this nature over adamant( I had adamant syncer I'm first spot!!!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    None so far :c Not too lucky with shines. I did get a shiny through the chain fishing method though, so I'll keep trying with the Friend Safari!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Just one, a Shiny male Justified Growlithe. Growlithe's Shiny form has gold fur! My favorite Pokemon is Growlithe, so I was very happy.

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Shiny Snubbull tonight. About 10 mins after jumping in to fairy safari, had previously been doing fire.

Back