• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you think the Pokemon Cast is?

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
    How old do you think they are?
    :D Post Now!:D
    (add people to the list if you want!)

Ash~
    Misty~
    Brock~
    Gary~
    Sam Oak~
    May/Sapphire~
    Max~
    Brendan~
    Gold~
    FR-LG Girl/Blue~
    Sabrina~
    Koga~
    Jasmine~

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Well Ash, Misty, and May are 10 (and that's a fact). Brock might be 11, but I'm not completely sure. And I believe Max is 8.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    This doesn't belong here, I'm afraid. ^^; Well, the majority of those characters are from the anime, so I'll move it to the Pokemon TV Shows & Movies section. I think some of them are from the Manga...but whatever. X3 Sooo, away it goes~! ^o^

*moves*

~Kelsey

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    The Pokemon cast's ages (strictly what I THINK)
    Ash 10
    Misty 10 1/2
    May 10
    Takeshi 13 -15
    Kenji 14 or 15

Jessie 14
    James "
    Cassidy "
    Kosaburo "
    Mondo 11
    Domino 10 or 11

Sabrina 16
    Hayato 15
    Bugsy 10
    Whitney 14
    Matsuba 15
    Mikan 100 XD (JK)
    Clair 17
    Liza 17
    Flannery
    Mikuri 16
    Flannery 13
    That's all for not

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2007
    Max is either eight or nine.Brendan is like 11 or something like that. Gary is about the same age as Ash. Or 12.

Years
    Satoshi~16
    Gary~16
    Hakura~11
    Max~9
    Brendan~11
    Gold~15
    Hiroshi~16

These are FACTS. These are the true ages, so yeah.
    All of these are real, so ya can't deny them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    This is for the current Battle Frontier saga.

Ash: 14
    May: 11
    Max: 9
    Brock: 17 (?)

Years
    I would have to agree with Crystal Clair with ages of the pokemon characters Halo.... like it has been stated by Crystal Clair since when did Ash say he was 16 years old as like i have said before in other threads on this website we dont know what the actual ages of all the other pokemon characters such as Misty,Brock, May and so on are

All we know is that Ash was 10 when season 1 started there is 50-50 chance that he maybe 16 but i wouldnt put all of my eggs in one basket ( if you know what i mean by the expression) on him being that age even though were almost to season 8

If the characters were in their teens there would have been an All Grown Up series of pokemon similar to rugrats by now even though there is a very slim chance of that kind of pokemon tv series happening

Below is my guess of the character ages

Ash: 10
    Misty: 10 1/2 (note: Misty's height doesnt have anything to do with her age she might have just been born a month before Ash was)
    Brock:14
    May: 10
    Max 8 1/2-9

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Ash~ 13-14?
    Misty~14
    Brock~17
    Gary~13-14?
    Sam Oak~ Seeing as he's still physically fit..50ish
    May/Sapphire~ 10
    Max~8
    Brendan~11
    Gold~11
    FR-LG Girl/Blue~11
    Sabrina~20ish
    Koga~30ish
    Jasmine~20ish

Well I know for a fact that Ash has to be at least above 12. After all he's been through Kanto, Johto, the orange Islands and half of Hoenn..I'm sure it would of taken him years to get through all of that since being ten.

Last edited:

Imite

イミテとメタ&#
    Years
    Nyu...Ash started out at 10. I remember in one episode Misty said it had been a year since they met, making him at least 11. That was before Orange Islands, though, so at least two years have to have gone by since then.
    Ash ~ 13-14

Misty is older than Ash, because she said so at one point in time...so she's got to be at least one year older, putting her around the 14-15 range.

Since all trainers start their journey at 10, then Gary is the same age as Ash. ~13-14.

May is 10 since she just started her journey.

Any other character ages would be random guesses based on looks.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Each League is annual and that's been said in both the Japanese and Dubbed versions.

Given that, Ash has to be around 12-13 years of age (possibly 14 after Hoenn if he was going on 11 in Kanto.).

I know where you're going with this thread. Goku was around 14 before the 'time lapse' occured with him. However, with Pokemon I can't guarantee that there will be one with Ash, but I'm not discounting it. (It sounded like Misty's voice deepened a bit when she came back for those episodes in the middle of Hoenn.)

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    All the first ones except Sabrina, Koga, and Jasmine, I believe they are around their pre-teen ages.

Sabrina, I think she's 24. Koga must be 37, and Jasmine must be 20.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    ash-13 1/2
    misty-13
    may-12 1/2
    max-9
    brock-18
    sam oak- mid 50's
    gary-13-14
    sabrina-17
    koga-45
    jasmine-23
    jesse-18
    james-19
    i think that the characters are older than what most people think.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    (everthing's imo)
    Ash: 13~15
    Misty 14~15
    Brock: 17~19
    May: 11~12
    Max. 7~9
    Prof. Oak: 50~60
    Gary: 15
    Sabrina (<3 XD): 17
    Koga: 35~40
    Jasmine: 23~25
    Jessie: 24~27
    James: 25~27
    There was a site (can't remember name><;;;) that said at the beginning, Ash and Misty were both ten, and Brock was seventeen, but I can't really believe that...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I haven't even begun to attempt to deduce the ages of all of the characters, as I'm still stuck on Ash. I think Misty's a year older than him though. (Once I have his age down, everyone else will fall into place.)

Sweet May

Custom avvie coming soon...
    Years
    Ash: 16
    Misty: 16 or 17
    Brock: 20 something
    May: 11 or 12
    Max: 8 or 9
    Gary: 16
    and thats all i can think of right now.......... > <

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Ash~ 11 (at least)
    He started his journey at age ten. I think he said something about, after he got the 8 Kanto badges, that it been one year since he has been home. Then Movie 3 said something about it been one year since he and Pikachu meet each other so it is confusing. But for sure, saying that he left on his journey at age 10. He is at least 11. By how much time has past I will say 15. But he is at least 11

Misty~12
    When she meet Ash she probaly was 11 since she was develped as a early teenager. So if she was one year older then Ash because of her looks then to agree with above it be 16. But you need to know Ash's age to guess Misty's.

Brock~15 when he meet Ash. 19 after AG
    I don't think my math adds up but he seem much older then Ash. By his look and heigt. He alos cares for his brothers and sisters so he is the oldest out of them. Clearly he is the oldest of Ash and co.

Gary~11 at least
    He and Ash are the same age.

May~10
    I hear, like from everywhere, that she is 10. By her looks, I tury want to say 12 or 11. Her body is too developed to be 10. I didn't started to look like that until I was 11. I just saying she is not 10. She a bit older.

Max~8
    I don't want to say younger then that because to too much of a know-it-all to be younger.

Back