• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old should Ash and Brock be?

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    I don't get how they don't mention ages or how long its been in the Pokémon series, I remember when they went to Viridian city to get the final badge. That Ash mentioned it been a year, so he must of been 11.

In Sinnoh, Ash and Brock look alot more mature. So they must be growing up, i'd say Ash would be 14 due to previous series, such as Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Brock must be about 18 by now..

But wouldn't it look wierd that a 14 year old and 18 year old travelling with a 10 year old, but no one notices.

PS - Don't care if this topic has been made before or if its a 'n00bish topic'

PikaPi123

Pikachu Power!!!
    Years
    I think this is a great topic to be discussing. I honestly don't know how old Ash is but I know he started at 10 years old. It will take him about a year to do each reigon so he should be around 14 years old(I put the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier toeghter). Brock looks a few years older than Ash so he should be 18. May should be 12 and Dawn is 10. Misty I think is 15. I think that's a good way to lay out the ages.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I say Ash should be around 14 or maybe getting up there, maybe Brock is 18 or a little bit older, probably 19. But whats more awkward, is a 10 year girl traveling with with guys of age 14, and 18. And ash doesnt seem to get any taller either, hes at the height of Dawn.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I remember going to some website that had the bios of the characters and how old they were. It said Brock was about 15 at either the beginning of the show or where it is right now. I guess I'll try looking for it then.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    If it took Ash a year to get through Kanto, that should be 11 + Johto, and Hoenn. I'll count Orange Islands and Battle Frontier as half a year. So, I think he's 14 or 15.

Brock should be 18 or 19 right now.

No one cares they're going with a 10 year old because they still look the same as they did, just the outfits are ifferent.

Years
    Well at the beggining of the Animé it states that all trainers start there Pokémon journey at 10yrs old so Pokémon started around 1995 and Ash would have been 10 so if the series goes by in our time ash should be 22 or if it goes by 1yr per season that would mean Ash should be 20!

According to the Japanese version May is the same age as Ash!

Misty should be two years older than ash meaning she is 12yrs and Brock 4yrs older than ash meaning he is 14 at the start!

I am open for correction!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Yeah I think Ash is 14 or around there, so if he really is then all shippings with the younger ones is wierd. I mean if he is 14 he shouldn't be paired with a 10 year old.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Let's see the caculations

Ash:

10 + Kanto + Johto = 12 + BF + OI = 13 + Extra Monthes/Off camera moments = 14

Dawn:

10 - xD

Brock:

14 + All those things I mentioned above = 18 - 20

ahh, Mostly all of your opinions.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    The characters don't age.

Ash - still 10.

Misty - 10

May - 10

Dawn - 10

Brock - 17?

Jessie/James - 20ish?

And stop saying Misty is older than Ash. I believe she stated she was 10 in the ORIGINAL 1st episode. She's the same age as Ash.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I say Ash should be around 14 or maybe getting up there, maybe Brock is 18 or a little bit older, probably 19. But whats more awkward, is a 10 year girl traveling with with guys of age 14, and 18. And ash doesnt seem to get any taller either, hes at the height of Dawn.

That sounds about right. Don't forget girls grow faster than boys around that age, so it's not all surprising for Dawn to be as tall as Ash even if there's a 4-year gap.

Years
    Correction for my over calculations and wrong dates!

Pokémon Started in the 1998!

Ash's Age Gap!
    Indigo League = 10
    Orange Islands = 11
    Johto Journeys = 12
    Johto Champions = 12
    Master Quest = 13
    Advanced = 13
    Advanced Challenge = 14
    Advanced Battle = 14
    Battle Frontier = 15
    Diamond and Pearl = 15

Brock's Age Gap!
    Indigo League = 16
    Orange Islands = 17
    Johto Journeys = 18
    Johto Champions = 18
    Master Quest = 19
    Advanced = 20
    Advanced Challenge = 21
    Advanced Battle = 21
    Battle Frontier = 22
    Diamond and Pearl = 22

So is odd a 16 year old hanging out with a 10 year old!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2008
    I think ash should be between 12-14 and brock about 15-16, and it's common in anime world that people don't become old

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I'd say ash is about 13 to 14 years old, prolly on the later of 13th year, depending on how long it took him to get through the Orange Islands and the BAttle frontier, because all of the Indigo, Johto, and HOenn took a year to get through

Back