• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How rare is Pokemon green?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    @title
    And about how many copies were sold?

I'm getting a Pokemon green soon I bought it it's shipping from Japan so whenever I get it I'll update with pics

Does anyone know how to make a like copy of the poketmonsters green box?
    If so, how?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    According to Wikipedia, Pokemon Red, Green and Blue sold 10.23 million copies in Japan. While it'd be tempting to split that number equally into three and say that Pokemon Green sold 3.41 million copies, the fact that Blue was released in Japan a year afterwards suggests a larger discrepancy than a first-look would suggest. If I had to estimate, I'd say that Green version sold about 4 million copies (along with Red) in Japan. So, it's not 'rare' by any means, but as most of them will be concentrated in Japan, you'd have to use non-conventional means - like eBay - to attain one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    There's very little difference in content, save for a few over sights the international localization teams patched (mostly), and minor map changes that largely go unnoticed.

Back