• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to add Difficulty Modes (Like in Radical Red)

Years
    hey i wanna make a dificulty like Normal, Hard, Insane mode to my hack, but i don't know how?, can you help me guys?. there's some guys who helped me in pokecommunity discord server but i can't undrstand it. (anyway i use emerald and emerald liberate rom base by Li Yun)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    testtheteam4 said:
    Much appreciated. And last question ig for this thread, how were difficulty options implemented in Unbound and Radical Red (i.e. Easy, Medium, Hard modes)? If I were to guess, it would be related to setting flags when the player chooses a difficulty option and using different trainer teams based on these flags. Am I correct?

ghoulslash said:
    I didnt have a hand in those hack's difficulty options, but that would be one way to do it. you can also scale wild/trainer levels based on difficulty. with pokefirered you have all of the source code so you can do whatever you want within hardware limitations.

This was my convo with ghoulslash. Now the context of our convo was something about the decomps but it can also work with a binary hack since the mechanics of scripting are similar. You can trigger a battle based on a flag. For instance, when a player sets a difficulty option, it must use a flag. Use this flag in your script so that whether or not this flag is set, it triggers a battle where your opponent has a different team.

Last edited:
    Back