• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials Tutorial] How to Add Save Character Scene Animation

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Let's make this happen:
    CU3lhxi.gif

First, inside your metadata.txt you need add a new sprite to save scene, like below:
    Code:
    PlayerA=POKEMONTRAINER_Red,trchar000,boy_bike,boy_surf,boy_run,boy_surf,boy_fish_offset,[COLOR="Red"]boy_save[/COLOR],xxx

Also, you need a character OW to that. So, take mine for example and model:
    45YEsj2.png

P.S: Save inside Character folder like boy_save, or like you wrote inside 'metadata.txt'.

Now, open your script and search to 'PScreen_Save' script, then, find 'def pbSaveScreen' and paste in right order:
    Spoiler:

Finally, add the red line, inside 'Settings' script:
    Code:
    [COLOR="red"]SAVEBEGINCOMMONEVENT      = -1[/COLOR]
    FISHINGBEGINCOMMONEVENT   = -1
    FISHINGENDCOMMONEVENT     = -1

New ATT:
    Inside 'PScreen_Load' script, find 'def pbStartLoadScreen' and past the red lines:
    Spoiler:

And done!

It was a lot of work to study and do this script for a layman like me, so if you use this script, give me credits for that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    Thanks for share, now I can make a perfect game like originals. Simplesmente perfeito!!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! Has anyone managed to get this script working in V 19.1? It is a beautiful detail and I am migrating my game so it would be ideal not to lose it...

Back