• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How to capture a legendary dog?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I have defeated the elite four, gotten the national dex and done the sevii islands missions..can someone give me tips?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Get a crobat or a gengar with mean look and the dogs should not run away and you can catch them with an ultra ball or if the battle seems long enough then use sum timer balls. ;]

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    But don't they know Roar? That can allow them to escape from MeanLook.

Here's a useful step-by-step plan...
    1. Buy a few Repels of any kind.
    2. Go to any grassy place that has wild Pokemon UNDER Lv.50.
    3. Make the Pokemon in the first party slot someone who's under Lv.50, but over the level of the wild Pokemon in the area.
    4. Spray a Repel.
    5. Before walking or doing anything else, save the game.
    6. Walk around in the grass until all your repels run out. Do not leave the Route/Area ever.
    7. If no legendary dog appears, turn off the game without saving, then turn it back on and repeat the previous step until you do find your legendary dog.
    8. Catch with Masterball. =)

This works well, and unless you're VERY unlucky, you should find your dog in less than an hour to thirty minutes. Every time you reset the game (or walk to another route/place) the dog randomly moves elsewhere, so eventually it is more than likely to appear in the route where you are. Also, with the Repels set up properly, if the legendary dog is there it will be the only wild Pokemon that can actually appear. I got Raikou in about fifteen minutes.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Step 1: Fly to Viridian City.
    Step 2: Go to Route 2 (North) until the entrance of the Viridian Forest.
    Step 3: Enter the route house, then go out and walk into the grass for a short time using a repel. (Your first Pokémon should be below Lv40)
    Step 4: Repeat Step 3 multiple times until you find it.

:3 Oh, and the starter you pick effects which legendary dog you encounter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I think that if you walk out a patch of grass it changes it's location may just have been in gold though =)
    And if you fail to catch it first time it will apear in the pokedex in the location thing so you can tell where it is.
    I'm not sure if you know this but if you start with bulbasaur you will get entei, squitle=rakiou and charmander=suicine.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Lol, I caught Suicune at full health, awake, not paralyzed or anything, with my first Great Ball. I had like a level 5 Larvitar or something out and I was training it when it happened, so I just threw the ball. And it worked x_x

Anyway, the route house thing should work. It's the same system it was in GSC for catching the legendary beasts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    1.what about the slowing down trick in youtube...where you use repel, get on your bike and then just keep on going around the grassy patch ..if no one shows up...get out of the route..and soon...the bike will slow down while riding indicating thee is a legendary pokemon
    2.What about carrying repels, going to route something (right outside viridian forest) and use the repels and go in the grass..if not ..go in the house and back out?

Detox

Whatever you do,dont use your master ball,save it for Mewtwo

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Whatever you do,dont use your master ball,save it for Mewtwo

Why? You can stuff your bag with Ultra Balls, save the game in front of Mewtwo, and try again as oiften as you'd like. Dogs appear randomly, are hard to track, and only give you a single chance to capture them. Then, they're lost and running again. Trust me; catching Mewtwo with Ultra Balls will take a lot less time than catching a legendary dog with Ultra Balls, and a heck of a lot less effort.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    i don't need to catch a mewtwo ...i previosly caught it and transferred it to my diamond....i need an easy way to catch this entei(i got bulbasaur) cuz i've been trying with no success.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hmmm
    Get super Repels.
    Fly to a town/city.
    Run around in grass near the city (with the super repel on!) until it runs out.
    Repeat steps.

That should work...

Detox

All you need to do is keep a Wobbufet in front of your party.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    No. Exactly was ILike2EatPiez said. Do that and you will EVENTUALLY find it. But you don't have to save to go Viridian City. Go 2 Route 2 and get on your bike. Use a Max Repel ride around untill your bike suddenly stops. Then that means the dog is there dont get off your bike yet ride around untill the Repel wears off then u should eventually find it. Also if you dont get it the first time go into the building just above that leads into the forest and keep trying.

Hope i helped

*EDIT sorry seems like you already got Entei. Sorry

MaxEx2

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    So you can only find them in wild battles? That is one reason why I never caught Latios...

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    Well, all you need is Repels, a good team, and mean look/spiderweb. Oh and ultra balls. But in your case, a master ball. Good luck kid. ^^,

Back