• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change default font?

Days
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I want to change the default font, but whenever i change the default font to anything but Power Green, it defaults to what i think is the RPG Maker XP Default Font.

I`m changing the font in script "Messageconfig"
FONT_NAME = "Power Green" <--- Here.

I don`t really know what or if I'm doing anything wrong here. If any of you guys know, please tell me.

Days
I played around with this a bit. Apparently, it's finnicky in a couple small places but I got it to work.

So, there are a couple of things you need to do.

STEP ONE
Download the .ttf of the font you want to use, even if it's a common system font. For this exercise, we'll use Papyrus because it's hideous and James Cameron used an unedited text in this font as the logo for the movie "Avatar."

STEP TWO
Put the .ttf of the font in the FONTS folders.

1713924475715.png

There she blows. Papyrus.ttf.

STEP 3
Go back to message config. Put in the name for the font name- AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: CAPITALIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD AND NOTHING ELSE, REGARDLESS OF THE FILE NAME! Yes, the file name is "papyrus" but if you put "papyrus" in MessageConfig it won't work! You have to put "Papyrus" with the first letter capitalized!

1713924630103.png

And with that....
1713924719308.png

Behold! The hideous font! Fitting for the next Avatar movie!

Back