• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] How to change the sprites in DPE

henryvinst

an unovan boy
    Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hello Pokecommunity! I'm developing a game with DPE, but I'm sick of the default sprites and would like to change to new ones. I tried changing the old ones for new ones in the "graphics" folder and compiling over the old DPE but I got graphical errors. Is there a way to remove the DPE and then compile a new one, with new sprites? Or a way to get the A-Series to work with the DPE?

This is a print of a buggy version after ovewriting the DPE with the new one.
    How to change the sprites in DPE

This is a backup version without overwriting the DPE.
    How to change the sprites in DPE

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hello Pokecommunity! I'm developing a game with DPE, but I'm sick of the default sprites and would like to change to new ones. I tried changing the old ones for new ones in the "graphics" folder and compiling over the old DPE but I got graphical errors. Is there a way to remove the DPE and then compile a new one, with new sprites? Or a way to get the A-Series to work with the DPE?

This is a print of a buggy version after ovewriting the DPE with the new one.

Your approach is the problem.

You aren't meant to make the DPE over the top of the output test.gba.

The whole idea of it being dynamically inserted is that it produces a new ROM each time. So you're basically doubling up every byte of data in the DPE.

Just change the sprites and run it on a version of your ROM before you applied any DPE and it should be fine.

Are you also applying the CFRU?

Back