• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to change tilesets?

sword

LETS HACK.
Years
  • Hello Everyone I know almost everything about maping but one thing I want to know is---- how to change the Tilesets?----Can anyone tell me the answer.

Tek

Years
  • That would depend on what program you're using, I think. Have you looked for the actual image that the tiles come from? You may be able to simply swap it out with a different one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2014
    Start the programm--> Press F9--> bottom left change maximum (mine is german so i try to translate :P) change it to at least 1 more (you see how many tilesets are there on the left side) , in my case it is 5--> now close the window and press F10--> click on Graphics/Tilesets --> Import your tilese (i recommend your tileset to have the same size as the normal tilesets) --> after importing close the ressource-manager again and press F9 again--> click on your tileset you created before, there shouldnt be anything at Graphics.. so click on the one you need (eg. A2/A3 etc.) and select your tileset-->Press ok --> on the bottom left click on your Map you created with a rightclick and select the first option--> change at Tileset the tileset you just created and Ta-da

I was using Rpg Maker VX Ace
    but as much as i know there isnt any difference between XP and VX Ace as for Tilesets

Back