• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to do a "meanwhile" event?

mhana300

Pokemon Guardians Developer
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pretty much, I have no idea where to start to make an event for my game where the character goes to sleep, the screen turns black, and shows an event happening on another map (i dont want the character there, but instead watching). For example, the beginning of Pokemon Uranium (that kind of event). Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    As far as I know, the character is always on the screen.

The easiest way to go would be to change his outfit with $Trainer.outfit, and make him invisible (see here , among others). You have plenty of documentation about that on the wiki & forums.
    You can also display a picture (as it is done in the intro of the example maps), but then you can only display something static.

As for turning the screen black, it is a simple RMXP command: just look at how it is done when you cross a door.

Years
  • You must set "Change Transparent Flag" to "Transparent" and teleport the player to that map. When the sequence is ended, teleport the player again into the first map, and re-set "Change Transparent Flag" to "Normal".

Back