• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to enable the national dex on fire red

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Hi, I'm completely new to this scripting stuff. I wanna know how to get the National Pokedex straight away or at least bypass it so I can evolve.

I saw a few posts about it, but none literally made any sense to me. I saw a bunch of code but had no idea where to put it.

I have some scripting programs that I saw people say to download, but again it makes no sense. I tried to watch a video but it was outdated, so I assume it won't be helpful. Thanks a bunch. I really need this as the starters are Hoenn ones, lol.

Thanks.

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
  • Hey dude if you want to do this in Fire red i assume so here is what i used while scripting -
    special 0x16F [I dont know]
    setflag 0x828 [For enabling Pokedex]
    setflag 0x829 [For enabling National Dex]

Add this and make sure to remove brackets before inserting. Add it anywhere this will enable Pokedex first and then enable National Dex.

Now this is example of script you can use.
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x[yer FSF offset]
    #org @start
    lock[Optional]
    faceplayer [Optional]
    msgbox @1 0x2
    special 0x16F
    fanfare 0x13E [This is sound for Giving an Item]
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

Strings - 
    #org @1
    = [Yer text] Take this [I added this for sample]

#org @2
    = [Yer text] [Suggested = "You got a national dex."]
    Note - I wrote faceplayer and lock optional because in msgbox 0x2 do this without writing

I am also new to this but i tried my best to help. If i missed something let me know :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Hey dude if you want to do this in Fire red i assume so here is what i used while scripting -

Add this and make sure to remove brackets before inserting. Add it anywhere this will enable Pokedex first and then enable National Dex.

Code:
    #org @start
    lock[Optional]
    faceplayer [Optional]
    msgbox @1 0x2
    special 0x16F
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

Strings - 
    #org @1

#org @2
    Note - I wrote faceplayer and lock optional because in msgbox 0x2 do this without writing

I am also new to this but i tried my best to help. If i missed something let me know :)

Hey thanks for this, but what program do I use? Also, do i literally just paste it? thanks

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • assuming firered...

you can a.) put 00 00 14 E0 at CE91A (with a hex editor, look it up if you don't know what it is), bypassing the evolution problem entirely, or b.) use some script to give national dex at the start

the program that Blazing Rud is talking about is XSE, and you have to delete the brackets and then, at the very top, you would put
    "#dynamic 0x720000"
    if you don't know what FSF is. if you know what it is and have found enough free space for you script, then you can replace "720000" above with the address you found

Years
  • Hey dude if you want to do this in Fire red i assume so here is what i used while scripting -

Code:
    #org @start
    lock[Optional]
    faceplayer [Optional]
    msgbox @1 0x2
    special 0x16F
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

Strings - 
    #org @1

#org @2

sorry, but you are wrong.
    setflag 0x828 activates the Pokemon menu
    setflag 0x829 enables the Pokedex
    & special 0x16F enables the National Dex

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    assuming firered...

you can a.) put 00 00 14 E0 at CE91A (with a hex editor, look it up if you don't know what it is), bypassing the evolution problem entirely, or b.) use some script to give national dex at the start

the program that Blazing Rud is talking about is XSE, and you have to delete the brackets and then, at the very top, you would put
    "#dynamic 0x720000"
    if you don't know what FSF is. if you know what it is and have found enough free space for you script, then you can replace "720000" above with the address you found

What specific bytes do I replace with "00 00 14 E0"?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • What specific bytes do I replace with "00 00 14 E0"?

How to enable the national dex on fire red

these ones

Back