• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How to evolve eevee to umbreon/espeon in Crystal?

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    im sorry but i had a total brain collapse or something and FORGET HOW ITS DONE! Could someone simply answer this for me? i would appreciate it :D Thanks! OH WAIT also, is it possible to get more than one eevee without trading on crystal?

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    for espeon you make eevee really happy then train it at daytime for umbreon make eevee really happy and train it at night time.

Erbe

Years
    for espeon you make eevee really happy then train it at daytime for umbreon make eevee really happy and train it at night time.

Right, i knew it had something to do with day/night. Thank you very much

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    It's not just night and day. Happiness is a really important factor. You can check this by going to a woman in Goldenrod city, in a house below the train tracks. And to get more Eevees, you need to breed them with Ditto or use the clone glitch.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    To add onto what invisible-chan said, to bring up the happiness of the Eevee, you level it up, train it where you have caught/hatched it, along with going to the Two Haircut brothers. You do that by going underground in Goldenrod (in case you have not remembered), and go to whatever brother is there. SAVE (for reason ahead), then speak to the brother. You want to save, because you want to have your Eevee say that it was delighted. You'll get the most happiness if it says that. :] (Especially if it's the younger brother, as you get a whopping ten happiness points for your Eevee. ^_^)

Hope that helped! :D

Erbe

Years
    To add onto what invisible-chan said, to bring up the happiness of the Eevee, you level it up, train it where you have caught/hatched it, along with going to the Two Haircut brothers. You do that by going underground in Goldenrod (in case you have not remembered), and go to whatever brother is there. SAVE (for reason ahead), then speak to the brother. You want to save, because you want to have your Eevee say that it was delighted. You'll get the most happiness if it says that. :] (Especially if it's the younger brother, as you get a whopping ten happiness points for your Eevee. ^_^)

Hope that helped! :D

yup, i visit the haircut brothers everyday :) and it certainly did help, thank you

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    You can also get a haircut from Daisy, Gary's sister, between 3-4pm. I think it's every day. I don't remember. Giving Pokemon vitamins and such also increase happiness as well as fighting in major battles(against gym leaders, the elite four, Red), and getting them to the next level. Just watch out for level because you may miss out on a cool attack if you evolve them too late.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For Espeon, I think if you evolve it before Level 36, you should be fine (unless you want the move Swift; then you'll want to have it evolved by level 30). That's what the Psychic Pokemon learns Psybeam; if you miss that, you'll have to wait until it learns Psychic before you get a Psychic move.

Umbreon learns Pursuit on Level 16, Confuse Ray on level 30, and Faint Attack on Level 36. It all depends on which attacks you want the Dark Pokemon to have.

Back